Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What graphics card does Michael Dell use at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What graphics card does Michael Dell use at home?

Matrox!

At home: DellTM PrecisionTM WorkStation 330

Leading-edge technology enables advanced hardware and software application performance. The Precision Workstation Michael uses features:

1GB PC800 ECC RDRAMĀ® (4 RIMMSTM )
    Matrox G450, 32MB (dual monitor capable)
    40GB ATA-66/100 IDE (7200 rpm)
    Windows 2000
    2 17-inch Dell (17.0 inch vis) 1701FP Flat Panel Monitor
    16X DVD-ROM with Decode Solution (for ... G450 Graphics Card)
    Turtle BeachTM Santa Cruz Sound Card
    Harman/KardonĀ® HK-695 external speakers with subwoofer

Take a closer look at Dell Workstation specs and configurations here.
    I've built PCs before but am thinking of getting a Dell because they're so quiet. Nice to know Dell still ships with Matrox inside.

or you could build your own pc with a low-noise PSU, and get a Zalman 3100G HSF and a Seagate Barracuda ATA IV hdd... those all are virtually silent as well.

I got myself a Zalman 3100G yesterday, and I'm still surprised at how inaudible it is in noise-prevention mode, and even in this mode the temperature drops several degrees compared to my old Intel 1Ghz HSF which was huge and very noise as well.

Now all I need is some money to buy myself the Barracuda ATA IV (will probably buy it in one or 2 months)

Comment

hmm,

so how come he doesn't give us the chance to have that card too?

Sometime in the last two weeks, the g450 option disappeared from their lists.

Comment

dZeus, Zalman heat sinks look pretty cool, but they won't have anything for the P4 until November.

BarryS, three days ago I was able to configure this workstation with a G450. Now I can't.

Sent them a note asking why, but haven't heard anything back yet.
        Maybe if we all ask nicely..

BSD_On-Line_Order_Support@dell.com

Comment

P4 SUX

NUFF SAID
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

YEAH LETZ ALL TALK IN CAPS. AND SPEL BADD. EYE M 1337.

NUFF SAID

I R0xOr
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

orangejulius, it didn't stop me from using a CNPS3100G on my Athlon500(@850)!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

But then I did just removed the Zalman and replaced with a custom built watercooled HS setup... now nearly silient and runs ~3.4c (MAX) above ambient.
                Last edited by Greebe; 6 October 2001, 22:34.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X