G400Max 16x9 overlays -- weird problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max 16x9 overlays -- weird problem

I've been trying to see what my G400Max can do compared to my progressive DVD player. Based on the archives here, it seems the G400 was a popular HTPC card way back when (a couple years ago).

I have a wide variety of custom resolutions set up that work just fine w/my 16x9 HDTV, using the G400Max's primary output (DVDMax disabled). But now I've run into this really weird issue:

At all of the non-4x3 (ie. 16x9) resolutions that enable an overlay (which means up to 1584x540p for me at least), I get these weird purple-ish pixels infecting the 50% gray picture areas, eg. I see this corruption over the entire pattern for AVIA's TVL and sharpness patterns which have 50% gray backgrounds. But with AVIA's vertical gray ramp pattern I see near sold purple-ish horizontal line (and corresponding vertical line with horizontal gray ramp). This is how I know the corruption occurs in exact 50% gray areas of the picture.

I don't see any mention of this in the archives here, and I know I saw some posts from G400/16x9 HDTV owners in there. Has anyone ever heard of this? My inquiry to Matrox about this just ended abruptly with something about G400 not supporting 16x9 resolutions...

Thanks,
    Steve

sorry man, not a clue, but I just realized you live like 5 minutes away from me (I'm right next to the Santa Monica airport).... weird.

-Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Check AVS for your answer: There's plenty of threads on G400s used for HDTV viewing there. For starts ... "G400 Video Timings for 1080i and 540p on Mits/Zenith HDTV RPTVs! [LONG]".
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yes, I started in AVS. But there are very few G400 users left anymore. Everyone's upgraded to current technology (NVidia and ATI) for HTPC's.

I did find a few references to the issue in the archives here (after searching on "blue pixel*"), but no of them cite their resolutions so I can't no for sure. None of the threads ever resolve the issue.

Is there anyone here who has successfully used an overlay w/their desktop set to a 16x9 resolution?

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X