G550 arrived today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 arrived today...

So far the verdict is that it's a bit slower in 3d. However, the 2d is *better* ever so slightly. (I swapped cards a few times to make sure )

Overall a great card, just wish that Matrox would implement all the 2d acceleration that nVidia and ATI already have. (Oh, and 3d would be nice...)

just wish that Matrox would implement all the 2d acceleration that nVidia and ATI already have.
    Define all please
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Per pixel alpha blending, which is nicely tested by:
      XPBench

Comment

You're complaining about one little feature's speed... geez

Lets not forget about GDI Bypass they pull just to make 2D crap faster.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm not complaining, just saying it'd be nice to see it in the feature set. (Especially considering WinXP and all third party visual programs make heavy use of it)

Comment

You were whining about it's speed, not wishing it would have been included in it's feature set.

Comment

I guess the meaning is in the eye of the beholder. From my point of view, I was just stating problems/issues I would have liked to see Matrox address.

If I was whining, I would've used more emotion in the delivery of the message. (ie. exclamation point)

Comment

Working...
              X