Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox...Radeon & WinFast are approaching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox...Radeon & WinFast are approaching!

In another thread I gave some of my impressions with the new Leadtek Winfast GF3Ti500: http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...9&pagenumber=3

Here are some questions for us dedicated Matrox users:

Where is Matrox? What can they be thinking?
    We now have at least 2 cards out now (under $1000) & more to soon follow, that can for all practical purposes match or better Matrox' superb 2D image quality & trounce their 3D period.

As a long time Matrox fan, I wonder, have they opted out of the 3D market? or

Is Matrox coming back with a killer 2D/3D card in Q3 2002? (maybe some of you close to Matrox can give us hope)

does it have DualHead with DVD-MAX functionality as found on the G400?

there are more reasons to buying matrox stuff than just 2D

though if they really fixed the 2d on that card it might be one less

Comment

The Dual Head config (Radeon, Leadtek, plus others) cards are coming as well, but will be more expensive.

Reports emerging DVD play/video quality is fine, for the newer all-in-everything card versions, of this new breed.

Comment

that's funny, as I haven't heard of a single card that can mimic DVD-MAX functionality yet :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyofthebeast
          The Dual Head config (Radeon, Leadtek, plus others) cards are coming as well, but will be more expensive.
          Yes, you'r right! Those boards will be more expensive and that's why a lot of people will not be interested in those things. Lots of us can't afford hundres of dollars for just a video card every year.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
            that's funny, as I haven't heard of a single card that can mimic DVD-MAX functionality yet :P
            Me neither, but I never use that. And at the rate Matrox is going, they'll stop supporting DVD-Max soon. They've already dropped support for so much stuff.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sorry to tell ya but the RAdeon 7500 ant that expensive and it BLOWS AWAY the G400 Max that I had. Matrox has their head up their butt if you ask me. FINALLY I have a card that has excellent dual display capabilities AND I can play games on it as well. I held out for long time with the Max but it's time has come and gone. As far as the newer Matrox stuff.......headcasting???? WTF is up with that???
              900 T-bird @ 1 GHz, K7 Pro, G400 Max, IBM 20.5GB, 20" Sony, 56x Afreey, SB Live X-gamer

1.33 T-Bird @ 1.53 GHz, Iwill KK266R, Radeon VIVO, 2 x 30GB WDs (RAID 0), 19"Sony, 12/10/32 Plextor, Toshiba 16x/48x dvdrom

Comment

Well, I can afford an expensive video card. Why? Because my MAX is Matrox's top-of-the-line card, for over two-and-a-half years! If I had bought anything else available when the G400 was out, I would almost have *had* to replace that card at least once by now. My money has been waiting for Matrox to come take it, but they've had a long time, and not claimed it yet.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                X