Matrox TV OUT Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox TV OUT Question

What is the proper way of setting things up for gaming using TV OUT?

I have a G400 Max, and the only way I can figure it is to Clone the desktop onto the TV.

With my other cards, you can disable the monitor and just use the TV. I haven't found this feature yet. Cloning seems to cost a little performance as well. Can you operate TV only?

Thnx in advance.

why TV-Only?

you could just switch off the monitor when playing

the performance impact is caused by the need to copy the framebuffer of the primary output to the secondary output. I'm not sure how the memory-allocation bar in Win98 PD tab can influence the performance in games, since it's not available (yet?) in win2k (which I'm only using). Maybe someone else can jump in on this?

Comment

found it, (agp memory allocation bar) tried it, worx!
      thnx.
      and yes I do just turn the monitor off, just I wanted to know how to get that little performance that is lost, back, and now I know!

Comment

afaik Matrox cards are the only ones that are able to keep your monitor running at its own frequency and still feeding your TV with PAL or NTSC, hence I'd rather call it a feature that your VGA does not get blanked when you enable your TV out ...
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Invincible could you tell were is the "agp memory allocation bar" and how did you manage to get it to work

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X