G400Max weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max weird

When i boot my computer i dont have any info for my G400 Max.
    i dont see something like "Matrox Corporation etc....."

dont know if this is clear enough but i dont know how else to explain it.

Thankx for any help!

If you are refering to the graphics cards BIOS reporting that info on bootup then no you won't... that hasn't been done for years now.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

My Matrox card's (G200 & Millennium I) BIOS information display disappears very quickly, before my monitors can switch back to the approrpiate display mode... But on my older 14" monitor I could see the bios information of Matrox cards. So I think -- in your case -- it is your monitor not your Matrox card why you don't see the Matrox BIOS information display, when your computer boots.

Comment

I had a G200 and there was no BIOS screen at startup.

Comment

None of the G series cards post the BIOS information @bootup!!!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I'm sorry, really sorry. AFAIK my g200 showed me bios information when i connected it to my older monitor, but it seems I've mistaken...

Sorry again.
            Last edited by atko; 25 December 2001, 08:10.

Comment

Greebe, thankx and yes this is what i was trying to explain, my friend has a marvel G400 and it shows the message.

I tried MXINFO and i would like to be able to change two thing if it is possible:

First change the signon message option to enable so it shows the message at start up.

Second change the sudsystem id to put the G400 MAX instead of G400 dualhead

Thankx for your help everybody i realy apreciate it
              Last edited by northdan; 25 December 2001, 08:34.

Comment

First of all, there is no boot message in all Gxxx series even if you enable the signon.
                If you want to change SUBSYS_ID from the normal G400, to the MAX one, you have to dump your video BIOS "PINS" with Progbios and this SYNTAX, ONLY IN PURE DOS MODE:
                PROGBIOS -d>PINS.TXT

Then editing this file you can change the SUBSYS from 2179 for normal G400, to 217D for the MAX. After you have saved the changes you must reflash your card's BIOS:
                Progbios -i auto -s PINS.TXT -k

Now your card will be recognized as a MAX! Do it at your OWN Risk.
                ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Thankx Venturer

Just wondering why my friend's Marvel G400 has this messsage, why?

Thankx

Comment

why care about it?
                    so long as your card does it job

Comment

Working...
                    X