• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 X2 and X4 MMS

What do you guys think??

EDIT: See http://www.matrox.com/mga/media_cent...50_x2x4mms.cfm
    OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Hi,

nice announcement, but it's a bit vague about what connectors the G450 MMS series ship with...

and I don't understand why in the announcement the Digital flatpanel outputs are promoted that much, while you can only output to one DFP with a signle G450 chip, as opposed to the G550 chips (or maybe a G450 with an external TDMS?). That's why for Dual flatpanel outputs the G550 Dual DVI might be of better value for most of the userbase? I mean, does the difference in pricetag between those cards justify the needs of the userbase for 'absolute stability / driver perfection' ?

Comment

I'm just curious about the power consumption of the 4X G450 chips. And the length and height of the board?
      As the world's smallest quad output card, the forward-looking Matrox G450 X4 MMS, along with the Matrox G450 X2 MMS, are half-length, full-height PCI
      Wow 4 chips on a small (normal) board .
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
      X