G550 Hs/f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 Hs/f

Will the mounts on the G550 acept a Crystal Orb? Will the CO fit on the chipset, or is there stuff to close to it?
    I'd like to Glide my T-Buffered foor up nVidia's Transformed and Lighted ass...

?

And what ramsinks will fit onto the memory on the g550?
    I'd like to Glide my T-Buffered foor up nVidia's Transformed and Lighted ass...

Comment

Not sure if the CO will fit... thinking back believe someone reported it had to be modified to fit properly. Tho it was only needed due to extremely high case temps. The G550 just doesn't OC well.

Several of us have added much larger HS/fans to the G550 when it first came out and it didn't help one iota. (albiet ramsinks would be an unneccessary expenditure)
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

When the G550 first came out, didn't some of you beta boys tell that the G550 overclocked pretty good Has reality proven otherwise? Or did you mean that additional cooling will probably not help the task since G550 does not heat up very much even when OCd.

Comment

I think it was the G450 that OCed pretty good. I haven't had any of the two latter ones two play with so I don't know from my own personal experience.

Comment

Tempest... both. It doesn't OC well and it doesn't appear to be thermally related. I made a double HS sandwich for mine and used a Papst 60mm 32cfm fan and it didn't help at all.

Norvid, the G450's weren't bad for OCing, but then some weren't that great either.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X