Is there a matrox card that can...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a matrox card that can...

Hi, I bought a g450 etv. It's great and all, but I miss having dual monitors. Is there any Matrox product that has both tv out and a dual monitor deal?
    _____
    PIII-800 / 512 ram / G450 etv /

Dont think so. You could either buy a PCI card (G450 PCI) or get an add-in TV card, or even a USB one.

If you bought the G450 PCI you could even have 3 monitors and 1 TV out at the same time!

Ali

Comment

All DualHead cards except the Marvels can do 2 * monitor or monitor + TV I believe. Marvels are limited to monitor + TV afaik.

Just stick in a G200/G450 PCI maybe?

P.

Edit: Damn we're fast on this board Maybe we can try and get response times under 5 mins while we wait on Parhelion.
      Last edited by Pace; 20 March 2002, 14:42.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Hmm! Now that's an idea. Do you think it would work? Do you know of anyone that has done this before with success? I don't see why not, but perhaps there is some horrible conflict I have not forseen. PCI cards are rather cheap though...

thanks for the immediate feedback, btw.

PS: Yes you are damned fast! I made a coffee, came back, and pressed refresh on my browser! blammo..
        Last edited by greyfalco; 20 March 2002, 14:51.
        _____
        PIII-800 / 512 ram / G450 etv /

Comment

Yeah, adding a second Matrox card will give you more monitors. I don't know how DualHead will work with that kind of setup.

Also, you never know what Parhelia will do.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I've run a G450 eTV/G450 PCI combo for some time, works fine.

Originally posted by greyfalco
            Hmm! Now that's an idea. Do you think it would work? Do you know of anyone that has done this before with success? I don't see why not, but perhaps there is some horrible conflict I have not forseen. PCI cards are rather cheap though...

thanks for the immediate feedback, btw.

PS: Yes you are damned fast! I made a coffee, came back, and pressed refresh on my browser! blammo..

Comment

Working...
            X