Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Psssst....Microsoft shows new Matrox Hardware...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psssst....Microsoft shows new Matrox Hardware...

If only I read Japanese....Something about 40 bit color and of course, diplacement maps. Haven't watched the videos yet...

EDIT...From what I can tell, what has taken place is the MS is demoing some DX9 features (including displacement mapping.) And based on the logo on some of those video screens, they may be using Matrox hardware to do it.
    Last edited by Joe DeFuria; 22 March 2002, 08:13.
    If a bear shits in the woods, and no one is there to smell it, does it stink?

Can anyone please translate

Comment

Been done translated....
      Ummm long and short, the demo he saw - even behind closed doors was run in software emulation.

He asked Boyd why was matrox involved with the presentation and the respose was "Oh, they have just been doing some research in it, thats all" (nothing to see, move on, move on)

The reporter has a firm belief that the next core from Matrox will be more then the 'Frame buffer' the the G400/G550 cores are and he expects good things soon™ from matrox.

Dan
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

What I thought was rather funny what that the software was running on Win98 apparently. Even MS doesn't trust XP I guess...

Comment

Lets keep this topic here

Dan
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I agree, Sasq.
            There is already a thread about this in the Crystal Ball forum (the place where speculations belong).
            This thread will be closed. Please continue in the thread Sasq linked to...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
            X