help help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for cap Indiana.
    now you see why i'm so angry?? ATI/nvidia the 2 main graphics card producers BOTH have this overlay control. WHY?? cos its important! its useful!! I had gotten so used to it I was so shocked to find that matrox drivers have no such tab?!! sorry..I can't chill out. i'm completely miffed.

Comment

AFAIK the PowerVR drivers have this feature as well...

But it's not an absolute must have, you can set it in nearly every DVD or AVI player or even adjust the monitors controls. It's just a bit less convenient.
      In WMP e.g. you only have to enable "show equalizer and settings" or how it's called in the english version, see here:

After that you are free to adjust the overlays brightness, contrast,...
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

alright! thanks! i was wondering where the wmp settings was! alright! you've made me a very happy man!! thanks so much indiana!

Comment

Originally posted by ablaze

there are?? i was looking all over the place for it!! where?? mind if you point me to it?
          I was just about to post the reply, but then I moved to page 2 and saw that Indiana has already posted a very clear answer!!
          But I noticed that Ablaze posted a shot of nVidia drivers with the overlay controls, all greyed out, which means they are unavailable in WinXP! So, how does one use those controls? I'm asking this coz I've got a TNT2 Pro, and here too, under WinXP, those controls are not available. Any ideas?
          Cheers
          Ovi

Comment

Originally posted by ablaze
            wow. this is ridiculous. see what shawn (the mod) posted

thats it?? hey I don't want to say this: but WTF ARE THE PEOPLE AT MATROX DOING????!!! isn't this an important feature to implement in the drivers!!?? WTF!!!!!
            What did you expect? The run around? For Matrox to offer a bunch of suggestions pretending that it was there and a week later to find out they don't offer this feature?

Relax man.

Maybe they will offer it in the future.

Or perhaps P
            Last edited by Strahd; 3 April 2002, 12:22.
            #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
            people do all day!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ovi

But I noticed that Ablaze posted a shot of nVidia drivers with the overlay controls, all greyed out, which means they are unavailable in WinXP! So, how does one use those controls?
              Just a shot in the dark, but maybe they're behaving the same as the ATI Overlay controls?
              I had to "trick" to make them not greyed out, since they're only accessible when an overlay is actually used (no, don't ask me for a reason for that, ask ATI...)

So just try and start e.g. WMP with a video-file or any other overlay using app, and see if the overlay controls become accessible.
              My System
              German ATI-forum

Comment

With the 6025 drivers the overlay controls in the drivers remained greyed out when a file with overlay was played(on my rig). But now with the 6043's they work. I run Win2k.

However I tend to use the controlls within the applications I use (WinDVD and Mediaplayer).

Comment

@Novdid: You should at least set the gamma to "0" since the default value "1" will give you some posterizing in bright areas - and no, you can't control this gamma ramp setting within any application.
                  My System
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

No, no, no. Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm talking about brightness, that's what I was reffering to.

And yes, you are right about the gamma.

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana

Just a shot in the dark, but maybe they're behaving the same as the ATI Overlay controls?
                      I had to "trick" to make them not greyed out, since they're only accessible when an overlay is actually used (no, don't ask me for a reason for that, ask ATI...)

So just try and start e.g. WMP with a video-file or any other overlay using app, and see if the overlay controls become accessible.
                      YOUR SOLUTION WORKED!! Thanks a lot Indiana!!
                      I guess that these controls are deactivated normally coz since they can only adjust overlays, and when there's no overlay, adjustment won't be possible due to lack of something to preview!!
                      Cheers
                      Ovi

Comment

Working...
                      X