Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 Max/Win2k Black Screen Problem

Hi

I've recently had my PC rebuilt, which has led to a strange problem with the display drivers. I'm running Windows 2000, with an Asus A7V motherboard (Award BIOS), and a Matrox 400 Max Dual Head (although I'm only using one monitor). Following the rebuild (it was fine beforehand), any attempt to load windows using the drivers, I get a Black Screen and seemingly no further computer activity following the "Microsoft Windows 2000 professional" boot up screen. The machine will boot into Safe Mode or VGA mode without any problems.

Following the rebuild of my machine, the technicians thought the problem was due to a corruption within Windows, but I've done a complete reinstall of W2K, which has failed to solve the problem. We've tried both the Certified Microsoft set of drivers, and also the latest beta's off the Matrox website. I'm wondering if the problem might be due to a changed setting in the BIOS?

Can anybody offer any advise as to how to sort this problem?

Cheers

Alex

Have you tried both heads to see if the signal is going to the other one?
    Never eat anything bigger than your head.

Comment

what value is your AGP aperture size set at in bios?

Comment

I've checked, and the signal isn't going to the other head. My aperture size is set to 256.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Comment

Hm, this is EXACTLY the same as I experience. See this thread

I thought I had the solution, but the problem occured again.

Ah well, it seems to me it's not a problem with my mainboard..
          Last edited by Randy Simons; 12 April 2002, 08:16.

Comment

Working...
          X