Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 vs G550 for RGB Widescreen TV-Out

Hi everyone

I'm now using a 'vanilla' G400 to output in RGB mode to my widescreen TV-Set. The quality is outstanding, I can read small text with no trouble at all, yet on PAL mode (I live in Europe) it is quite blurrier on respect of NTSC (but with NTSC mode it does flicker a lot).

I have two big questions:

1) I'm using Windows XP and I'm absolutely unable (even using the latest Matrox Tweak Utility) to have a widescreen desktop (ie resolutions like 848x480 and so on), so I'm stick with 800x600 (stretched on the TV).. any hint if this is feasible?

2) I've learned from dZeus' posts that the G400 can encode to tv at a maximum res of 688x576. Sice Gx50 series seems to be able to encode to 720x576, this would lead me to believe that this would give me better quality RGB video out... is it true? (keep in mind that i *do* need an horizontal res greater than 688 and even 720.. but indeed 720x576 has 32x576=18432 more pixels than 688x576)

I would love to have a 848x480 (or similar) tv out (this set has no monitor at all atteched, I use it in my living room as a dvd/mp3 player and photoCD viewer) since otherwise all I see is stretched ;(

Last: Has anyone done a quality comparison of G400 vs G550 in regards of TV-Out?

Many thanks!
    Daevon
Working...
X