No announcement yet.

nVidia's nView comparable to Matrox's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, ATIs implementation is really nice and far from a joke. BTW, ATI has included the Theater Mode (which does the same as DVDMax, except it works for DivX'es of all sizes ) since quite some time now.
    Even if this is a blatant idea-theft from Matrox it's still a nice feature to have.

And the DualMonitoring only lacks independent resolutions in Win2k, but this is M$s fault and since ATI "stole" the DVDMax, they might come up with a similar hack for this problem as well.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
      No, ATIs implementation is really nice and far from a joke. BTW, ATI has included the Theater Mode (which does the same as DVDMax, except it works for DivX'es of all sizes ) since quite some time now.
      Even if this is a blatant idea-theft from Matrox it's still a nice feature to have.

And the DualMonitoring only lacks independent resolutions in Win2k, but this is M$s fault and since ATI "stole" the DVDMax, they might come up with a similar hack for this problem as well.
      what??? Some sizes don't work on Matrox cards? that's new to me!

Comment

Of course I meant without having to use third party patches like DivXG400.

And no, you can't really want to tell me that you never heard about the "DivX with a size not evenly divisible by 32 problem"
        Last edited by Indiana; 29 April 2002, 13:20.
        My System
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Of course I meant without having to use third party patches like DivXG400.

And no, you can't really want to tell me that you never heard about the "DivX with a size not evenly divisible by 32 problem"
          am I suggesting that?

I find your post misleading if the only cause of trouble would be using a flawed codec for playback, and only in combination with a player that can't force overlay. So there are countless of combinations that DO work in this case. (without the use of '3rd party tools' as you call them).

Comment

Well I guess you didn't see the smilie above...

Still the "most usual combinations" don't work, that is WMP, the DivX Player (yes, it has quite some bugs, but it's still used by many users because it comes with DivX), PowerDVD,...

And to say the codec is flawed, hmm. It does work with the competitors cards, so?
            DivX is still the codec of choice if you want to get the max. quality out of your bitrate, and don't need playback compatibility with standalone devices , even the (at the beginning majorly flawed) version 5 has become very usable with the 5.01 release.
            My System
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Well I guess you didn't see the smilie above...

Still the "most usual combinations" don't work, that is WMP, the DivX Player (yes, it has quite some bugs, but it's still used by many users because it comes with DivX), PowerDVD,...

And to say the codec is flawed, hmm. It does work with the competitors cards, so?
              DivX is still the codec of choice if you want to get the max. quality out of your bitrate, and don't need playback compatibility with standalone devices , even the (at the beginning majorly flawed) version 5 has become very usable with the 5.01 release.
              my codec referrance was more about the playback filter than about the codec use to encode the video with... the MS MPEG4v3 directshow filter _is_ flawed, to that degree that it creates the overlay troubles with video that have a horizontal resolution not devisable by 32. I'm not sure about DivX Networks' DivX4/5 playback filters and their backward compatibility with MS MPEG4v3 regarding this issue, but FFMPEG's directshow filter has no problem whatsoever with playing back MS MPEG4v3 (or DivX 4/5 for that matter), even with clips that don't have a horizontal resolution not devidable by 32.

btw. I did see the smiley, but that doesn't make the statement more correct, does it?

Comment

Working...
              X