No announcement yet.

G400 Expert needed ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but the latter solution will still only display an Overlay on one of the screens. It's better now that you can choose which one - but using the aforementioned older drivers enables simultaneous overlays on both monitors. I still fail to understand why Matrox deliberately cripples their own hardware in newer driver revisions.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

all newer drivers (afaik 5.7x or 5.8x and up) support overlay in clone mode on the G400, as long as you sync the refresh rate of the secondary output with the main output.

Comment

OK, have to test this. Would be fine if they had really reimplemented this again.
        I really DO hope that Matrox have given the Parhelia a few extra 2D / video-functionality as well. I'd like to see a much faster blitter, support for the transparency/alpha FX of WinXP (not that I like it, but I fear we might have to use XP sooner or later). Better Overlay up-/downscaling, support for more than one Overlay at once and of course the best TVOut that's possible is what I would like to see. Maybe even things like hardware OTF deinterlacing, denoising, temporal filtering for playback of bad quality material.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
        X