Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AMIGA ONE G3-SE with G450.

Hi
    Eyetech (UK) will release new AMIGA ONE G3-SE (PowerPC G3 600) system bundled with Matrox G450 card in May 2002. See:

Thanx for inpput ...

I was always wondering who would come first to the real world, either Amiga or that infamous "next gen matrox graphics card" ...

Too bad the quote from Fleecy Moss about "the G800 in action and what Matrox has up their sleeeves beyond that" got pulled off that news group quite a few months ago.

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

cool - but what does it do?

Is there going to be a lot of support for these?

(I'm an amiga newbie)

Comment

I wouldn't expect ANYTHING, really. The ones in charge at Amiga are constantly beating the Bitboys in releasing vapor-products (this goes that far that they even claim to have seen nonexisting Matros gfx-cards "in action"...).
        For the quite sucky hardware, see this post

When we will see anything usable that will pass as an Amiga-followup it will be from Pegasos/MorphOS, I'm sure.
        Unfortunately those Pegasos/morphOS guys have a track record of always being late. But they nevertheless DID deliver in the most cases and are formed of members of the best Amiga hardware company (Phase5), that kept the Amiga alive for a few additional years by bringing the 68060, the PPC and some good gfx-cards to the Amiga plus members of the CyberGraphX team that did write the first good RTG.

Still better than all those wannabe PPC-card announcers (of which - of course - NONE saw the light of production until now) that are crowding at the "official" Amiga.

And the H&P/Hyperion software always was buggy. Besides there are no sings that they had any real OS development going on for quite some time, there never even were beta-tests and now they're suddenly to deliver a full-fledged, stable OS...

On the other hand there is a really usable and quite stable MorphOS Beta available for free download since quite some time. The thing missing is the final release and the Pegasos hardware here.
        Last edited by Indiana; 18 April 2002, 16:09.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

I wouldn't expect ANYTHING, really. The ones in charge at Amiga are constantly beating the Bitboys in releasing vapor-products (this goes that far that they even claim to have seen nonexisting Matros gfx-cards "in action"...).
          no-one really knows how close matrox was to finish the g800, i have heard of some people who had seen the g800 under nda, perhaps the amiga guys saw it too.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by TDB

no-one really knows how close matrox was to finish the g800, i have heard of some people who had seen the g800 under nda, perhaps the amiga guys saw it too.
            But not in functional hardware, at least not at the time, this claim was done.
            My System
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana

But not in functional hardware, at least not at the time, this claim was done.
              how do you know that?

Comment

Do you know how old this statement is? (I'd really have to dig for the exact date, but it hit some amiga mailinglists quite long before it was brought up here for the first time. AFAIK it was even before the release of the G450!!)
                And if Matrox had a working card, even a working protoype board by that time, there is no way they could possibly have released only the G450 and the G550 a year later....
                Last edited by Indiana; 18 April 2002, 16:45.
                My System
                German ATI-forum

Comment

point taken.

but i just now seem to renember that claim, they said that they had seen a matrox nextgen card and that matrox had some impressive stuff on the horizon. i interpretted that as that they saw a g450, and that they were told what to expect from the g800, not that they saw the g800.

It is a long time ago, so maybe i am way off.

Comment

>Application software for AMIGA ONE

Hi
                    The new motherboard will use "TurboLinux for PowerPC" and AMIGA OS 4.

There are several applications for TurboLinux PowerPC (Internet, Database etc).

http://www.turbolinux.com/products/ppc/

At present, the number of applications ported to AMIGA OS 4 is small, but it will increase.
                    AMIGA OS 4 can run old AMIGA 68K applications using emulation. See the list of old 68K applications at AMINET:

http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/~aminet/

>Bplan Pegasos.

This new PowerPC motherboard from Bplan (German) will be released on June 1, 2002. The motherboard will use "Yellow Dog Linux for PowerPC" and MorphOS. This board is also bundled with MATROX G450.

http://www.bplan-gmbh.de

http://www.thendic-france.com/Tech/US/Products/Pegasos/pegasos.htm

Comment

Originally posted by asian
                      This new PowerPC motherboard from Bplan (German) will be released on June 1, 2002. The motherboard will use "Yellow Dog Linux for PowerPC" and MorphOS. This board is also bundled with MATROX G450.

Hardwareentwicklung IoT. Layout von BGA Bausteinen, Fine Pitch Bauteilen, Schaltplan und Leiterplatten Entwicklung. Linux Treiber, Board bring-up. Firmware Entwicklung.

http://www.thendic-france.com/Tech/U...os/pegasos.htm [/B]
                      I would take this release date with a BIG grain of salt. Phase5 NEVER managed to deliver a product at the scheduled time and as the bplan team mainly consists of ex Phase5 people....
                      But they still had good hardware when it finally arrived.

P.S.: MorphOS is said to get API compatibility with AOS4 (barring any legal problems).

Now I just want that DualG4 Pegasos
                      My System
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                        Do you know how old this statement is? (I'd really have to dig for the exact date, but it hit some amiga mailinglists quite long before it was brought up here for the first time. AFAIK it was even before the release of the G450!!)
                        And if Matrox had a working card, even a working protoype board by that time, there is no way they could possibly have released only the G450 and the G550 a year later....
                        actually you seem to know quite a lot, but sometimes you just presume too much ...

look here, could make you go hmmmm

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                        LG BH10LS38
                        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

We saw the G800, and we saw the stuff that they are working on past that.
                          They saw the parhelia???

Comment

where'd you get that from

I have read everything on the eyetech site and I've never seen a work about the G450 being packaged w/ the AmigaOne board. Which specific page did you see that on?

Comment

Originally posted by TDB

They saw the parhelia???
                              No.
                              The Lochness Monster lives!

Comment

Working...
                              X