No announcement yet.

I am NOT under NDA......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MATROX are not announcing a new card on the 14th. They are announcing a chipset.

Comment

Originally posted by Damien
      MATROX are not announcing a new card on the 14th. They are announcing a chipset.
      The MURCers don't care. Look how excited everbody got over an announcement of an announcement (the Matrox home page flash). The card(s) will follow soon enough after the 14th. The question is, are you ready for the P?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Damien, how do you know that they're not announcing both chip and card?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          There is no relation between the two
          I know. My thinking was that perhaps 3DLabs is expecting their chipset to target the same market segments as the as yet unannounced Matrox product.

Or maybe there were other reasons why 3DLabs pushed up their announcement.

I don't expect Nvidia next generation chip to be announced until thte end of this year. By then 3DLab should be shipping product

Hopefully Matrox will be as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
            Damien, how do you know that they're not announcing both chip and card?
            Yeah. You can almost guarantee that Matrox will announce a chipset as well as serveral actual implementations of it (i.e. cards) that you'll be able to buy at some point.

Comment

Anything calling it a G1000 is a hoax.

Haig said on the Matrox forums 'It has no G or numbers in the name, it's just one word'

Comment

Haig posted at http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For.../001109-4.html :

All of our products are produced by us along with us developing the chips. I think we are 1 of the few remaining chip makers that actually make our own products as well.
                That said, we've allways released our chip spec first and a few weeks later, we announce our product spec.
                (Thanks to Voyager3D for digging that up).
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Just go to the matrox forums and read the thread titled 'G1000 Maxxx continued'

Haig is hinting his arse off. Just look for his name as the rest is extraneous.

Comment

Haig also said in that thread:
                    so how many products will be announced, or just one ?
                    None. We're only announcing the chip spec.

Comment

As far as 3DLabs goes their products have pretty much been single purposed: 3D modeling & CAD using OpenGL.

I have one of their Oxygen GVX1 Procards and it's very good for this. Problem is it's support for gaming is not what you would find in cards like the G-Force etc.

To be sure this will change with their acquisition by Creative, but neither has that much experience with the current features expected on gaming cards.

As such I wouldn't expect much in the way of drivers from them for the P10 chip for a while, especially if Creatives driver team has anything to do with them

Dr. Mordrid
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 May 2002, 11:14.
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                        As far as 3DLabs goes their products are mainly geared towards 3D modeling & CAD. To be sure this will change with their acquisition by Creative, but neither has that much experience with the current features expected on gaming cards.

As such I wouldn't expect much in the way of drivers from them for the P10 chip for a while, especially if Creatives driver team has anything to do with them

Dr. Mordrid
                        mmmm - paired with a SB Live! in a Via mainboard

Comment

Oh, yeah....an SBLive/Audigy on a standard VIA chipset. Great combo

HOWEVER....I cannot knock the KT333 chipset in this thing. It's FAST.

The few problems I'm experiencing seem to be BIOS related and I have an update to try so.....

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

""This time around guy you will not feel the same as above... besides next Tuesday isn't that far off ""

Yes but the two years wait before the drivers are stable IS!!

Comment

They got professional help this time

Originally posted by Vic
                              ""This time around guy you will not feel the same as above... besides next Tuesday isn't that far off ""

Yes but the two years wait before the drivers are stable IS!!

Comment

SGI?
                                edit: I mean for the OpenGL bit of course

gnep
                                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                                X