G400 Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Drivers?

Ok, I am using the Marvel G400 TV with the original drivers that its packaged with but I have problems with Adobe Premier constantly crashing when I try and capture off of this card. Where can I get the new driver for this to keep this from happening?

Welcome to MURC.

I believe that Matrox has stopped support of their consumer-level video editing cards. You may still be able to get some help though. Ask in the "Desktop Video" forum here and you'll get a more informed response.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Premiere crash? Heavens

Crashing is Adobe Premiere's secondary hobby; right after locking up your system.

The most compatable editor for your Marvel is actually Uleads MediaStudio Pro 6 or 6.5.

That said, start hunting for a solution by limiting the number of undo levels in Premiere to about 3-4 instead of the default. Othewise system RAM and the swapfile will load up with cached editing steps and eventually bring down the system.

Yes, Premiere of any version is a vicious memory hog. I wouldn't use it with less than 256-512 megs of system ram.

The following should also be added to the prem50.ini or prem60.ini, depending on which version of Premiere you have;

[Override]
      NoDirectShow=1

[codec]
      keepopen=dmb1

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 May 2002, 18:31.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X