Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much will the Parhelia cost? and when will it be out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"overclocking my monitor which has 3 huge 120 mm panaflow fans on it"

Um, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      That's a bit misleading. They state a BELOW $400 price for a 128 meg Parhelia.

Who said the smallest Parhelia would be 128 megs?

Certainly not Matrox.

Dr. Mordrid
      Yes.. It was stated that there would be a 64 meg card and that it price would be 250 arround that..
      AMD XP 2100
      (2x) 512meg's PC 2700 RAM
      LeadTech Nforce 2 MB
      ATI 9500 nonpro
      56x CDROM
      32x CDRW
      8x DVD
      WinTV 401 PCI
      V.92 Modem
      120 gig WD SE HD

Comment

I think it really does depend on what you want to do, and how much you can afford to pay. typedef is right when he says that if you don't want to spend much (less than $200 US, I'd guess), that you're probably better off looking at one of the GF3Ti200 cards or one of the (now?) available ~$200 or slightly less GF4Ti4200 cards. If you can spend a little more, and can wait a little longer, some rumor (??) has it that there will be a 64MB version of the Parhelia, which in all likelihood would make you happier than a Ti200 or Ti4200, at least if you're into image quality, and likely even in speed.

Just my $.02.
        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Sometimes it's a necessary evil. I had an old 17" MAG monitor. 1024x768 at 72Hz. That's borderline for me, and I will get a headache after an hour or two. Overclocked the pixel clock to get it to 76Hz, a refresh rate I can live with.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

To kfc, card under $140 for your type use

ATI Radeon 8500 or even the 7500. (The 7500 is just a faster version of the original). If you want gaming speed, get the 8500, only fast GF4s can beat it in speed.

Check here for models, prices and some specs. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...ory=1126&DEPA=1

Comment

Hehe, overclocking monitors

I've heard of mice and keyboards (ps/2 tweaks anyway), anyone overclock a floppy?

Lets get an extra kb/sec outta it

P.
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by Pace
                Hehe, overclocking monitors

I've heard of mice and keyboards (ps/2 tweaks anyway), anyone overclock a floppy?

Lets get an extra kb/sec outta it

P.
                Overclocking a monitor can easily be done. However, he should have the money ready to replace it after he burns it up.

Overclocking monitors is a bad idea.

Comment

Hey, I overclocked my CD-RW, do I get a prize? (went from 4X2X24 to 6X4X32 with a firmware hack). Been running 100% perfectly for about 1.5 to 2 years like that now.

Ali

Comment

Well Ali, I would say that you de-underclocked your drive, not o/c'ed it. The computer biz has been putting out crippled products like that for decades. I guess one could argue that the CPU manufacturers do that to a degree as well but I'm referring more to the FW type of crippling.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The question goes, Why the hell ask this question here? who do you think on the this forum will know the answer???

I strongly suggest you ask Matrox directly instead, you may get an actual answer to your valid question

Regards,
                      Elie

Comment

Working...
                      X