• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want it!
    (and the 0.13 version next year too!!)
    Cheers
    Hati

Comment

Don't want to be a downer guys, but I'll probably wait for an annoucement from ATI's R300 before I jump on the Matrox bandwagon (I won't be building my system until September anyway). But right now I have to say Matrox is looking mighty well.
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
      May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
      Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
      And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
      just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
      For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Its great...but what is the real world performance...and when will *I* be able to aford one?

Comment

Ralf nice to see someone not after it just for gaming. As an interest what would your use and requirements be for such a board?

Comment

This card has been way too over hyped, it is a briliiant card but overhyping can be bad and even though it is a good card it will not meet some people expectations.

Comment

PANTS, definately PANTS
              I'm with the ugly guy below me

(It's amazing how many threads I kill with that line )

Comment

With the Parhelia being 512 bit, does this mean that the ParheliaPro256 is an older version of the card ?

(sorry, but he started it, look in his signature ! )

Right Jazz, overhyping is never a good thing... The important thing is that we now get our feet back on the ground, and see what it can do...

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

ROTFLMAO
                  System 1:
                  AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                  Epox 8K7A
                  2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                  an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                  SBLIVE 5.1
                  Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                  3Com Hardware Modem
                  Teac 20/10/40 burner
                  Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

The spender in me wants one. But the wallet does not want to be raped. I most often have a hard limit of spending $300(CAD) on video cards, so I will probably wait until the 0.13s comes out so the originals are cheaper. Note: I couldn't care less about any games at this point, but if I do, I would like a card that CAN play them. I still don't think I will ever care about the absolute fastest framerate though and I really like Matrox parts. This G400 will be staying in this comp for some time methinks.

Comment

Personally, I got used to seeing to many people say it would blow me away. It doesnt really. It's marginally better looking than a GF4 with some nifty extras, but honestly, I was kinda hoping for something a little better in some regards. I do think it does have some very good features and it's a nice step for Matrox, and I will most likely be getting one as soonas I can, but thats only cause I know I wont pay retail for it. If I was looking at 400+ for the fast version of the board I wouldn not be buying it.

Thats my .02
                      A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

The top versions aren't likely to be for gaming anyhow. They are for the larger fish Matrox wants to fry.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

So Far I'm very impressed by it and it seems to live up to the hype its gotten...which is nice to see from Matrox. I'm defently gonna get one, just because its Matrox, but I'm eagerly waiting benches on it also.

I have faith that it will be a great card....

Scott
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

This card has been way too over hyped, it is a briliiant card but overhyping can be bad and even though it is a good card it will not meet some people expectations.
                            And there are some people who will not be pleased no matter what they do.

Relax, all that has been seen so far involves alpha boards, which are probably running below specs, and alpha drivers that still have alot of optimizations that can be and will be done.

Joel
                            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

flying off into the sunset...
                              OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

BuddMan: u're lame, too
                                Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

Working...
                                X