No announcement yet.

Will the wait ever end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn´t Carmack(among others) wrote the linux opengl-drivers for the matrox g-series?
    Last edited by TdB; 30 May 2002, 09:36.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Carmack fixed one bug in the OGL Linux driver for the G400, he didnt write it himself.

Ali

Comment

I forgot to reply to this thread ^^;;

In a few words: a programmer who claims that he doesn't target for a card because it's not the best card at the moment, it's an Idiot.

A programmer must write code, code and code and show it's capabilities as a programmer by writing smart code and spectacular things with it's only ability.
        Or else, just every other software house should program a graphically marvelous game and say:
        "The current PCs are shits, so our game has been programmed targeting for the next-next-next-next generation PCs. Buy our game because it will be the best after 10 years and we know how to program!!!!"

John Carmack is an idiot. Dot.
        Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

hmm!
          I can´t renember any ID software game, with insane hardware requirements.

targetting geforce3(or equal) hardware dosn´t seem idiotic to me, considering that the game won´t be out before 2003.

renember those video options(in games), they are there for a reason: to make the more demanding features _optional_.

Expecting to run ANY new 3d-game with all options cranked up to the max, on average systems is idiotic, I can´t remenber any 3d-game where i could do that when it was new.
          Thats just the way it is, and i don´t think ID software started that, it started when you could buy pc´s with different hardware configurations.
          Im quite sure you can tweak the game-settings to make it run ok on average systems.
          Last edited by TdB; 4 June 2002, 06:50.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Working...
          X