Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox tv-out cable

I need an ideea.

I have this cable which is intend for matrox g450/550.
    But I need a conversion from a Intel 815 an board vga to tv.

???? it might work? what wrong could happen?

-burn out that mb
    -burn out the tv set
    -burn out cable
    -burn out nothing, but won't work

Please help.
    Whatever! (tm)

probably the last option.

Comment

Not gonna work.
      The video card (or onboard in your case) needs to support TV-out. Yours doesn't.
      Plus, the cable is made for G450/550/Parhelia TV-out. It won't even work on other cards that do support TV-out.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The board, i've been talking about is the msi 6215, which is base on 815 an come in two flavor with tv-out and without. A have the without one. at the first look seems to miss the jack and one chip (here's the problem. the full version have firewire too, and maybe that chip missing)
        On the other hand, as far as i saw the g550 did not have ani chip for that on pcb. That make me think the conversion chip might be in cable.
        I find it out that is a easy draw (for hardware) as far as drive is able to determine the gpu to use 15khz horizontal instead of 30khz as it use for monitor.

I wonder if something going to burn out if i try, at least worth a try, isn't it?
        Whatever! (tm)

Comment

G550 has the TVO built into the G550 chip itself. There is nothing special in the cable.

It's probably not going to hurt anything to try (but do it at your own risk), but I would bet large amounts of cash that it's not going to work.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
          X