tomshardware review online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framerate

Look at the framerates when the parhelia is doing "worse" than the other cards. Is it really that much worse? Will you see much of a performance difference? not unless your computer monitor supports 200Hz refresh rate, and only on fast moving objects.

Maybe it is a very stable framerate.
    "Bastards, why can't i fit in the full name? All i am asking is for 17 characters." - Palicgofueniczekt

Comment

• Back online! http://www.de.tomshardware.com/graph...625/index.html
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Amish
        That CHIP review was way more well rounded than THG.

I'm impressed.

amish
        I second that! The chip review really surprised me, they don't have only looked at the raw fps power, they also really included FAA/FSAA statements, and there you can see how the P performance, and this performance is just awesome, especially for someone like me who loves AA since the V5 5500 was introduced.
        I just find it a bit disappointing that they didn't any Aniso tests
        Specs:
        MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

• Hello, you guys there!

I've read the German version of THG review. Judging by the language he used, I didn't really feel that his evaluation on Parhelia was all that bad. He pointed out that Parhelia is left somewhat behind N and A in 3D performance, which I think all of us have expected before. And the comment on "controversal outcome" of the Parhelia performance in the tests is not really surprising to me neither.

Although the 2D performance tests from THG is not yet finished, I believe there won't be big supprise. So overally speaking, I'm actually quite satisfied with what one can get from Parhelia. I would be more satisfied if they can offer better drivers quickly and make the price more attractive.

Of course it would be even better, if Matrox can beat the others even in pure 3D performance. But that takes time. From not playable in 3D games to well playable while keeping and even improving the 2D preformance, that is a quite big leap. With Parhelia II ( ) Matrox will surely manage it, I believe. But till then, Parhelia must be enough for us.
          Last edited by chaoliang; 25 June 2002, 03:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by ralf
            It´s rather hilarious to see how people who don´t read german bash THG for a review that is very kind to the Parhelia, claiming it to be typical of Tom.

They alway has...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rimfaxe

They alway has...
              Have.

Comment

• easy on the foreign guys ok? not everbody here has english as his native language. (including me)

Comment

• I guess Albatorsk is from sweden ! So I can't dare him to write some Danish. ( I could, but it would be to easy for him to do )

Greebe

If you are alking about the Gainward 29.80 Detonators then a lot of ppl have issues with these drivers.

The 29.42 drivers which are WHQL and I think the first ones to remove this "feature" from *blips* drivers actually performs rather well in all benchmarks even on GF2 cards.

Og igen må jeg sige ... jeg synes også at THG's review er udmærket.
                  Indrømmet, det er da træls at P ikke klarer sig bedre men det er nu engang ikke THG's skyld.
                  Ja .. de kører tests hvor nVIDIA er stærke med det viser P svagheder så set på den måde er det et godt review.
                  Last edited by Kosh Naranek; 25 June 2002, 06:07.
                  Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                  incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

• This link mays one depressed if it's right. Look at the 3dmark.

Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

• Originally posted by The PIT
                      This link mays one depressed if it's right. Look at the 3dmark.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/forumzone/top...tri+produttori
                      Where's the drop down dead in amazement smiley?

Comment

• Tom's english review now up...slow as snail snot though

GPU reviews, news and features, created for the hardcore PC enthusiast by the experts at Tom's Hardware.
                        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

• Running all right here.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

• Originally posted by GT98
                            Tom's english review now up...slow as snail snot though

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/...625/index.html
                            if you find him slow, try replacing www.tomshardware.com with www6.tomshardware.com

The english is an exact copy of the tomshardware.de one. And still no mention of the anisotropicfiltering driverbug...
                            PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

• Originally posted by ralf
                              Steve,

that is a hoax if ever saw one!
                              Why? I was expecting 60k+ 3dmarks! I'm amazed it's so slow

Comment

• have any reputable reviewers posted up there reviews ?
                                Snake

Dual AMD MP 1800+
                                Asus A7M266-D
                                512MB ECC registered MEM
                                2 * 40GB IBM HDD
                                RAID 0 using Promise ultra 100
                                Audigy Platinum
                                2 * 19" iiyama monitors
                                Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4600 128mb
                                (Parhelia )

Comment

Working...