tomshardware review online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek
    No Parhelia for me I guess ... I will save 200$ and buy a Radeon 8500 instead.

Come again M
    After one review?

I'm interested in what the BBZ have to say about this, if they can say anything...

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

It claims that "P" is AGP 8x? And also I thought the memory clock was running @ 275 and this article says 250???

Well that was just the first page... gotta go on :P
      "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home."
      Ken Olson, President, Digital Equipment, 1977

Comment

Maybe they had a bulk version?
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Well, It's obvious who sponsored these tests and conclusions!
          I'll buy a new card Soonâ„¢, very Soonâ„¢!
          + =

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek
            No Parhelia for me I guess ... I will save 200$ and buy a Radeon 8500 instead.

Come again M.
            On the basis of a pre-review at Tom's of all places?
            chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

This was basically expected of THG I suppose... we could have had all the benches done at 640x480...

Comment

Come on ... get serious ! Enough of this *blip* bashing.

After one review .. yes ... I mean a 200$ difference in price and almost identical performance.

Higher IQ isn't worth 200$.
                Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

It might be to some. And I want to discover it from a balanced review. If all the other reviews, and comments from owners around the net come out saying the same things, then perhaps I will not be so tempted.

We will see.

edit: added clarification.

Comment

Interesting: Parhelia beat the GF4Ti4600 every time FAA or Ansio (or both) were turned on.

Exactly what I was expecting..

MadScot
                    Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

what does "zwiespaeltigen impression" mean?

Comment

A balanced review ...

I do not expect parhelia will deliver twice the performance in identical setups on other Hardware Sites.

I might differ slightly, but not by much.

And the IQ thing as I said isn't worth 200 of my dollars.
                        Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                        incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Interesting: Parhelia beat the GF4Ti4600 every time FAA or Ansio (or both) were turned on.
                          However that is not exactly made clear from all the graphs...

Shame.

gnep

Comment

the last article at anandtech has the id 1644. so if they may publish an parhelia article tonight or tomorrow the id will most likely be 1645. have to try it from time to time this evening... maybe i'm lucky again...

Comment

Originally posted by MadScot

Exactly what I was expecting..

MadScot
                              That's not really a fair statement. That's comparing Matrox 16x FAA to Nvidia 4x FSAA.

Matrox 16x FAA vs. Nvidia Quincunx, Nvidia comes out ahead, slightly.

amish
                              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I don't get it.

You see very playable framerates in the lower detail benchs, but the part that matters with today's cards is the quad texturing performance and how well it will handle the details maxed up.

Parhelia CRUSHES Ti4600 in the benchmarks that measure this. Look at the multitexture fillrate, and you get the idea of how much faster than an R8500 this card is in games that use quad texturing. Turn FAA and Aniso on, and you are still left with VERY playable framerates, whereas you don't with the 8500 or the Ti4600.

Beware these drivers are fairly crude IMHO and the performance is only going to get higher, that you can count on. 8500 and GF4 are about as mature as they are going to get.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                                X