No announcement yet.

Little quote from Anandtech about Tomshardware review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been invited down to their offices to see a demo which unfortunately I've not been able to make but I've heard nothing about review boards. They have to focus on maximum exposure so target the big sites (apart from HardOCP ) so us little guys don't get a look in until much later I guess.

Comment

I think you don't only deserve a card for testing but one for your personal pleasure, too, after all you've done for them!

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That's just f'ing unbeleivable m8

To think a load of beta testers hang round here with their Parhelia and YOUR site doesn't get one - FFS.

Sorry for my temper but this is pure bull.
        Cheers, Reckless

Comment

Strange...

I thought that the MURC would be the first to get it. I was sure as hell that you were a BB on P. You'd think that Matrox knows they'll get a fair shake here at the MURC. We are critical but fair.

Did you ask for a card for review?

/Jake
          Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
          ----------------------
          Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

it is a shame
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

It sure does take the piss out of MURC when Ant doesn't get one of the first batch of cards to review. This is the main matrox site on the net and i would of thought matrox would be decent enough to give Ant one but what a bunch of knobs for not giving him one, i would of thought matrox appreciated what ant has done for matrox as i believe there is no other matrox fan site on the net

Comment

Ant have you asked Matrox PR? That is unbelievable....

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzz
                  It sure does take the piss out of MURC when Ant doesn't get one of the first batch of cards to review. This is the main matrox site on the net and i would of thought matrox would be decent enough to give Ant one but what a bunch of knobs for not giving him one, i would of thought matrox appreciated what ant has done for matrox as i believe there is no other matrox fan site on the net
                  I would guess there is about 5-15 matrox fansites on the internet, just check the "links" section on the mainpage.
                  there are probably some additional sites that isnĀ“t mentioned on the mainpage too.
                  This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I asked some time back and they said they would let me know when they came available. To be fair they have got to concentrate on maximising exposure and the MURC doesn't rank up there with the Anands and Toms of this world. We are just a lil old user group

Comment

Hey, but we DO have range!

MURC is linked from almost every major computer enthusiast site, and recent BB info threads were linked ALL around the net!

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I think MURC is more popular and influential than you give it credit for Ant. You should've gotten a board....
                        System Specs:
                        Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                        May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                        Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                        And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                        just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                        For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Originally posted by TDB

I would guess there is about 5-15 matrox fansites on the internet, just check the "links" section on the mainpage.
                          there are probably some additional sites that isnĀ“t mentioned on the mainpage too.
                          whoops i never knew there were others as well, but still Ant should of got one just like others did

Comment

like i already said: MURC is THE matroxsite on the net. and like az said it was linked all over the net (even by slashdot) and us MURCers spread out like bees and praise matrox on forums all over the net even if it's a PITA (arstechnica ).

they should have send you a card without you even asking for it, just as a small acknoledgment for your work. regardless of any review.
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                              I asked some time back and they said they would let me know when they came available. To be fair they have got to concentrate on maximising exposure and the MURC doesn't rank up there with the Anands and Toms of this world. We are just a lil old user group
                              You are TOO modest! MURC is THE place for Matrox on the net. I hope someone influencial in Matrox gets to read this thread..... ROM - where are you
                              Cheers, Reckless

Comment

smgf
                                mffff
                                errrrggg
                                BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                                X