No announcement yet.

OCing the Parhelia yet??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Matrox will give some hints like, you should never change R11 to bla-Ohm, as it would change the Core-Voltage ;-)
    What Voyager3D mentioned is the point that interests me most. But i think that the OEMs are clocked lower to provide more reliability to partners.

Comment

aaahh if they dont there are always some hardware freaks that will find the resitore in a week where the voltage can be put higher hehe
      specs p4 2.8@3.2Ghz Giga byte xnpbla bla 2x80GbHD Raid 0 creative audigy iiyama vision master 502 (21inch) a logitech mx700
      video is ati 9700pro modded to 9800 speeds volt mod ect ect

Comment

voltage modding through the bios,hmmmmmm... *eyes start to look dreamy*

Comment

yeah true bios would be nice are there some fsb on a gpu maby unlocking the big P hehe lol

tasted good the beer some westmalle triple good beer
          specs p4 2.8@3.2Ghz Giga byte xnpbla bla 2x80GbHD Raid 0 creative audigy iiyama vision master 502 (21inch) a logitech mx700
          video is ati 9700pro modded to 9800 speeds volt mod ect ect

Comment

well i'd guess there are other dividers than 1.25, i myself am hoping for a 1/1 divider and giving the core a little watercooling.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe

3.3ns is a hair over 303mHz

1000/3.3=
              Uh Mike, isn't it actually 3.33333333333333333333333 (etc) ns RAM? In which case it is dead on 300Mhz

Comment

Originally posted by Guru

Do you think this would fit?

http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/nb32j.htm
                Does this HSF look familiar to anybody? I wonder if somebody can identify it? (I can't). Does the shipping card have the power connection?

Homebuilt Intel P3 933 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, ASUS CUSL2-C MB, 400w TruePower Antec PS, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, WD 160 Gb Spec Ed HD, Yamaha 20x10x40 SCSI Rewritable, Toshiba 12x DVD, Parhelia 128 (replaced a G400MAX), Win XP Pro SP1 w/latest patches

Comment

I wonder if you can overclock it via the pins?
                  I know you could with the g200 and g400,maybe worth finding out.

Comment

I was basing it on the 3.3 on the chips Stevie
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

• cheesekeeper did you not read my earlier post?... the Zalman flower would not be a good idea to put on Parhelia period
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Greebe - sorry, missed that post the last time through. Tell me, does the stock Parhelia fan move a lot of air? Judging by the photos the HSF looks to be almost useless. It seems really weird that they were experiencing thermal problems, and then went with such a moderate solution......

Comment

• Judging by the photos the HSF looks to be almost useless.
                          Useless would mean the chip would function fine without it, now what do you think?

Comment

• I think if it was almost useless, it would cool the chip, but not by that much. What I'm tryingo to wark out is how the performance of the stock cooler would be likely to compare with something like the stock cooler from a decent GF4, or with something like the Thermaltake Mini Blue Orb.......

Comment

• Good grief

Comment

• Or, for example, something like this:

Comment

Working...
                                X