No announcement yet.

OCing the Parhelia yet??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Except that more voltage=more need for cooling.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jutai
      I think the key to the overclock is the voltage and not the cooling... of course a little water cooling will make any chip happy
      The two are directly linked. Give the Parhelia chip enough voltage to run at 1GHz and you'll get some phenomenal benchmarks. Of course, if the benchmark runs for more than a fraction of a second, you'll need to change cards halfway through. Small molten piles of plastic tend to benchmark very poorly

Comment

• the heatspreader adds a layer of thermal paste and a layer of copper, this negatively affects cooling performance.
        This is incorrect. It's bonded permanently. Now whether it's directly to the die I do not know and I can assure you that Matrox will not say. If you feel like possibly destroying the chip and voiding the warrantee and or wasteing considerable amounts of cash in doing so than by all means go for it.

We'll let you be our guinea pig.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

• I read the first 3 pages on this thread but decided I don't have another 2 hours to finish reading up, due to the fact that I am out in nomansland doing some military training and making big holes in the ground(hee hee, so I'll just quickly ask and then read the replies post page 9 another day

What about the Koolance kits? For example the Koolance PC2-601BW Tower Liquid Case with an added Koolance Video Chipset Liquid Cooling Kit? Won't that do the work better than any fan/heatsink option?

Oh and in case someone feels like doing so, you could drop me a private message, I assume those are sent out by email? Then I can grab it on GPRS cellphone..

Now I'm going back to calculating how much plastique it will take to eradicate every trace of my old Nokia 8210 POS phone from this planet, 200 or 300kg?... I'll make it 600 just to be sure... Ericsson is way better!

(PS. if your seismograph happens to hit a 4 or so on thursday, don't mind that, it's just my Nokia saying goodbye

/ Avron

Comment

• Originally posted by Avron
            (PS. if your seismograph happens to hit a 4 or so on thursday, don't mind that, it's just my Nokia saying goodbye

/ Avron
            Nokia DISconecting Pepole????

hmmmm....
            Get that Ericsson T68

Comment

• Koolance is bottom of the line minimal cooling of virtually all watercooling prebuilt setups, a little better than a highend copper HS with a screaming mimi fan.

Build your own... check out what www.dangerden.com has to offer
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Greebe

This is incorrect. It's bonded permanently. Now whether it's directly to the die I do not know and I can assure you that Matrox will not say. If you feel like possibly destroying the chip and voiding the warrantee and or wasteing considerable amounts of cash in doing so than by all means go for it.

We'll let you be our guinea pig.
                If it's possible i would do it, but i'm not dumb, so cluelessly pulling off the heatspreader hoping the die itself would remain seated is not something i would even consider.

The P4 for example will easily let go of his tin hat with a simple razorblade. I was just figuring maybe the same trick applies to the parhelia.

Let's just wait for a Japanese overclocking nutcase to try ok

Comment

Working...
                X