Anandtech uses UPT on all current cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit: Oooh new page, denied.

It just reinforces the fact that the Parhelia isn't a gaming card.

I'm sure there are plenty of users out there who have a valid use for its additional features, but for gaming I can't see many people spending £300 for a card that only just pips a £80 GF3 Ti200 on performance and doesn't come close to a £130 GF4 Ti4200.
    Last edited by Skaffen; 2 July 2002, 04:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaffen
      Edit: Oooh new page, denied.

It just reinforces the fact that the Parhelia isn't a gaming card.

I'm sure there are plenty of users out there who have a valid use for its additional features, but for gaming I can't see many people spending £300 for a card that only just pips a £80 GF3 Ti200 on performance and doesn't come close to a £130 GF4 Ti4200.
      Oddly enough I looked at the benchmarks presented on HotHardware and found that if you factor in the differences in clock speeds between the various cards, you see that in many cases all 3 cards (Parhelia, 8500 and TI4600) perform very close. Of course this is a simplification but it does seem that the Parhelia is fill rate limited and (according to the recent Anand test) probably bandwidth limited as well. The fill rate can be explained due to a low(er) clock speed than its competitors however the bandwidth issues cannot.
      However this also ignores the fact that both nVidia and ATI have had 18 months to optimize their drivers to extract the most from their hardware.

regards Michael
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Working...
      X