No custom resolutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No custom resolutions?

Unfortunately no. Our tweak will still have it for the G cards but won't have it for P.
    Anyone wanting new/custom resolutions with P will have to talk to our sales dep't.

Who will like charge you to add a custom resolution....?

Comment

What???? No custom resolutions????

That has to be the stoopidest move ever. This is even worse than that ButtCasting idea.

who the hell thinks up these things???

Do they think we are going to pay extra for something that comes standard with a $20 PCI VGA card.

Shit ya'll I was savin up for this Parhelea card but I don't know now.

Do they think we are stoopid or something????

dj
      My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
      128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

Hmm actually seems this is the idea, if you want a resolution not supported by the standard drivers, you will have to buy it from Matrox sales!!

Anyone want to guess how long before Powerstrip or some other util is out to hack custom resolutions in? My guess is not very long at all.

Comment

I can't see them selling very many.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Boy I sure hope some one can fix that for us.

Maybe that Haig guy can get them to fix it.

hey matrox y'all skrewed this up real bad.

Sorry I just had to let them know that.

dj

Comment

i smell some alcohol abuse over at matrox hq. if anything this idea will make potential customers run away, and i don't think many people will buy custom resolutions.
              and whats probably more important is that it will not take long until some clever guy makes a tool for it. thats like a lose/lose situation for matrox.
              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                i smell some alcohol abuse over at matrox hq.
                LOL

Comment

Hmm, means we'll use the right to brag we get everything in our drivers without 3rd party tweaks.

Don't do this Matrox. (me runs off to Matrox forum to check this out!)
                  Meet Jasmine.
                  flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

This really sucks! I don't think that I would be needing those custom resolutions but this is bad news for some people.

I have always considered Matrox as one of the leading professional graphic card manufacturers that provides cards, witch are very adaptable for wide range of applications. Every customer should have a right to do what he/she likes to do with a card.

Well, I'm still going to buy Parhelia 128 MB retail, as soon as possible.

Comment

ARGH! What on earth are they doing?!?

4) I don't think it's a matter of limitation as this mode (3 displays - independent mode) was omitted by design, but you can post a request for it to be implemented, in the "General Hardware" forum.

If it's not a hardware limitation, but a "consious" decision to not support in software, are they actually TRYING to cripple their own card? I'm terribly confused now... the Parhelia seems to be a paradox of monumental proportions.

Comment

Well, not only won't I be buying any custom resolutions, now I won't be buying a Parhelia at all!

Comment

Ya know, instead of gitting one of those Parahlea cards I might just get one of those Matrox Paradoxes instead.

How much memory does the Paradox come with???

Maybe they are cheaper too because they tell ya upfront what the Paradox doesn't have.

dj

Comment

That 3 Monitor Thing is really strange. With the G400 Matrox was the only company that supported true DualHead under Win2k, and now with the Parhelia they go two steps backwards? That makes no sense to me.

It might be though that this features will only be available with the Flagship (256MB) to squeeze more money out of Professional Users. I can already see some serious registry tweaking, bios flashing and capacitor soldering to get this enabled on the 64 and 128MB versions
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

It just gets better...

Truthfully this really does make the 3 monitor support only for surrouond gamming,
                              Correct. That's exactly what TH was marketed.

Comment

Working...
                              X