Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Parhelia 2D Quality

Hi all,

For those of you who have the Parhelia, how is the 2D quality compared to the G550? Is it about the same or better/worse? Also, does the Parhelia support h/w DVD playback? Thanks in advance.

Several Parhelia users here have commented that the 2D IQ is superior to the G550. The Parhelia doesn't have HW iDCT but it does have HW motion compensation for DVD playback.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

what is HW iDCT ?

Thanks,

-V-
      ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

I never had the G550, but the 2d on my Sony G400 is razor sharp, and I'm very high demanded as IQ concerns
        P4 2,4@2,6 AsusP4T-533 C 512 mb PC 1066 Quantum Atlas 10KII SCSI ATI R9700

Comment

iDCT is Inverse Discrete Cosine Transform, an algorithm used in decoding DVD content. Hardware iDCT accelerates DVD playback and thus reduces your CPU load. You don't need HW iDCT if you have a sufficiently fast CPU.

Here is a link to a glossary of terms used when describing DVD playback capabilities through a PC.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
          X