Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia with AGP < x4

Hello

I plan to buy a Parhelia 64MB when they will be out, my current system is based on a Asus P2B-S, and gives me full satisfaction, on speed and stability.
    But I got a question I can't find the answer anywhere. On the Matrox site, the Parhelia is advertised as "an Agp 8x graphic card running at Agp 4x speed".
    From my previous read, I can say that Agp 8x cards won't be compatible with an Agp 2x (and 1x) slots (because of different voltage if I remember well).
    On the other side, Matrox says an Agp 2.0 compliant system is required, which, I thing, means Agp speeds from 1x to 4x.
    Now my question is, have someone tested the Parhelia in an Agp 2x system (like every i440BX chipset based motherboards)? Does it work or does the Parhelia absolutely need an Agp 4x at min. motherboard?

Thanks in advance for answering,
    Christ-Off

My Parhelia 128Mb worked fine in a BX mainboard when I tried it.

Comment

Kruzin has a bx p3b-f board & has reported no problems with his Parhelia 128Mb!

Comment

From my previous read, I can say that Agp 8x cards won't be compatible with an Agp 2x (and 1x) slots (because of different voltage if I remember well).
        That's not true. It's <I>possible</I> to design an AGP3.0-only card, but there is also a spec for "universal" cards which fit either slot, which is what Parhelia is. The same confusion happened when AGP 2.0 came out.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

AGP........

A question here!
          Witch AGP features does the Parhelia suport? Does it suport FastWrites?

Comment

Re: Parhelia with AGP &lt; x4

Welcome aboard the MURC !

Originally posted by Christ-off
            Now my question is, have someone tested the Parhelia in an Agp 2x system (like every i440BX chipset based motherboards)? Does it work or does the Parhelia absolutely need an Agp 4x at min. motherboard?

Thanks in advance for answering,
            Christ-Off
            It runs perfectly stable in my old Asus P2B-S revision 1.02 at AGP2x ...

Cheers,
            Maggi
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Thanks to all for your answers... now I'm waiting for the 64MB version to come out

To Wombat, I didn't know that there was a way to make a AGP3.0 card compatible with previous AGP versions. I thought Agp8x was exclusively 3.0 and 3.0 only, great news ...

Comment

Working...
              X