No announcement yet.

Three monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DualHead Independant would be a step backward. This sucks! I was really looking forward ordering my P next week. Gues I am be back to my original idea of an Oxygen card and a PCI G450.

Comment

You could use a Parhelia in DH mode, with an additional PCI card for the 3rd display.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I've used <a href="http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/">Ultramon</a> with my G400. I keep the regular taskbar on my primary display, and Ultramon's toolbar on the 2nd. It works rather nicely, excpet the 2nd monitor doesn't have XP's program grouping feature. I really like keeping the systray & time on the primary.

Comment

Originally posted by a13antichrist
          The extra investement needed for three monitors would be far from justified if the time gained by having additional displays was cut down to next to nothing by having to open your little tool and telling the program which monitor to maximise to. In order to be worthwhile, you need to be able to drag the window to a monitor, and double-click to maximise it.

The dual cards had the same problem but with the Maxview option we were able to maximize any given app to whichever monitor you wanted. I don't see what the fuss is.
          #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
          people do all day!"

Comment

Originally posted by Strahd

The dual cards had the same problem but with the Maxview option we were able to maximize any given app to whichever monitor you wanted. I don't see what the fuss is.
            The dual cards were fully capable of dragging a window onto a monitor, then double-clicking to maximise. I never used any MaxView function to do that. Hell even the HydraVision on my Mobility 7500 can do that.

Yes the keyboard shortcuts are handy but most of the time it's quicker simply to grab the drop of the window and drag, than to sit up from my slouch to reach across to hit the keyboard shortcuts..

The deal with an extended desktop is that they aren't separate monitors - if you maxmise a window, it's maxmised across all three. You have to take the extra time to resize all your windows to fit into the space, just like on one monitor except that you've got a shitload more room.
            We seldom attribute common sense except to those who agree with us.

Comment

- In Triple Head it is possible to have a Window Maximize to a Single monitor. As ive said before. It's just a matter of configuring an option in Desktop Management in Power Desk. The last one in fact.

Check: While Using Stretched mode, maximize windows:
              (And choose the option) Monitor Display 1/2/3 or Where Window position currently is.

And if you do want to maximize a window to all 3, just hold Ctrl and Maximize. -
              - ? -

Comment

I'm sure most remember what a hassle it was using DualHead with the G400 under Win2k until Matrox released drivers that allowed true independent DH.

This is a nasty way to work. Been there, done that and not going back.

The only possible solution is a PCI vid card with the P in DH mode. I'm not buying ANOTHER card to do that so I think I'm going to have to miss out on the P. Had been looking forward to it as well.

Comment

Just to be sure, in 3ple-head, if e.g. Excel is in screens 1 and 2, and I select maximise, it will maximise over screens 1 AND 2? But if Excel was present only in screen 1, it would maximise in screen 1 only?

This is what I have at work with these hmmm, appian (?) cards that do 4 screens.

Umf
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                  X