why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why?

why does everyone have to rag on this card. If it is not for you, do not buy it. I personally think even with the r300 appearance that i still would rather have the matrox P. I would say i'm a gamer and a CG artist. I absolutely love gaming, but i spent about 10% of my computer time doing that. I want to be able to play all the new games and have them look great. The matrox P does that. I also need a workstation type card for CG and video editing. The parhelia has the 2d features that i need, and the quality 2d display i want if i'm gonna be staring at my monitors for endless hours. The dvdmax feature alone is worth atleast 100 bucks to me as well as the quality of tvout for post production. Thats not counting the loads of other features. Sure the new cards are faster in gaming. For some, they buy or build their computer to suit their needs. The P fits my needs, and is my video card of choice, over and above the r300 and most likely the soon to be arrived NV30. So buy what u want, but don't tell me what is best for my needs.

Amen.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I don't mind people criticising it for where it falls down - I bet everyone would like it more if they halfed the price and upped the clock. But then I'd buy a Ti4600 if it was 5 bucks!

Unfair criticism annoys me, unfair conclusions, crappy benchmarking etc..........

P.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
      X