Matrox Parphelia Video review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Parphelia Video review

3DGameman has their video review on the Parhelia online right here.

It's actually a good review, he does the usual benchies but puts things in perspective driver wise and he totally loves the card for the other 2D features. There's some cool shots of the reef demo too and some triplehead 2D action.

And then now, the voice of the future, HardOCP and their retard comments, as usual. For once he was wrong I guess.

Rodney has let me know that they have a review of the Matrox Parhelia online in their unique “video review” format. I couldn’t get the link working earlier, so I have no idea what the conclusion of this review is….but I can probably take an educated guess as to the outcome

Last edited by Neomagic_Twist; 20 July 2002, 03:38.
    When I was still a kid, my parents got me a Packard Bell. I've never been happier. Now it's degraded to a foot support.

what the hell is a Parphelia ?
    Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

- The only thing i found weird about the Benchmarks he ran, was he got 53## 3DMarks on a 3GHZ P4 Machine?! I get 65## on an AMD XP 1800+. Either he has 16xFAA and Anisotropic Filtering on (and fails to mention it(maybe with the other 2 tests also), or his machine is F'ed up (i get 47## with all detail maxed). Overall, and his comments are very good. Good, but short review. -
      - ? -

Comment

With those drivers;

3DMark2001se (1024xx768x32 NoAA): 7000+

See system specs in the SIG.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

how is de 2d quality, do you see a difference when you use 10 bit colors ?
          and the glypt feature is it cool ?
          Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Yes I'm waiting to get my hands on glyph to see how it goes with kanji (chinese characters)
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I think also his Quake III results are really low, my V5 5500 could do 74,5fps in these settings! I bet he used 16xFAA and Aniso, or his system is really weird

Otherwise I find it great that there are even video reviews available on the web nowadays, a few years ago I would be called a crazy foo if I would have talked about video reviews on the web

how is de 2d quality, do you see a difference when you use 10 bit colors ?
              The 2d quality is simply amazing! It was a huge difference between my V5 5500 (which was in fact better than the Radeon 8500) and the Parhelia. The colors are more than crisp, everything looks sharp, and that is on my crappy el'cheapo 17" monitor!
              Specs:
              MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

You should see the quality on a 19" Trinitron

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                X