No announcement yet.

Problems installing the drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just removed the WUpdate downloaded .NET and installed the .NET-package from Matrox' CD. No difference. So I downloaded the 1.0.4.231 drivers from Matrox.. Still the same problem.

Just took a quick look in Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Adapter -> Properties -> Resources and found the following:

Display controller: VgaSave

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:
    AMD-762 Processor to AGP Controller
    Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:
    Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:

That sure look slike the culprit. Only problem is, I can't change any of the values by hand
    Last edited by albatorsk; 26 July 2002, 11:53.

Comment

ry this: delete the videocard in the device manager, reboot, whenit asks to look for drivers cancel it, after that run the latest driver setup from the matrox site (which you have downloaded already)

hope it works...

Comment

Sorry. Tried that. Doesn't work. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Oh well... Guess I'll be going back to my GeForce3. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Originally posted by albatorsk
            Sorry. Tried that. Doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
            Have you already asked Haig or the other Matrox support staff about that? Maybe they have some other ideas.
            Specs:
            MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Yes, but their forum just closed so we only got "so" far...

Comment

Originally posted by albatorsk
                Yes, but their forum just closed so we only got "so" far...

http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/009479.html
                Hmmm, I guess you tried this Java deinstallation he suggested allready.
                I know you wouldn't like that, but have you thought about format c: and a complete fresh windows installation? It is some work, but it can work wonders.
                Specs:
                MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Yes, uninstalled Java and yanked all PCI-cards except the Tekram.. No difference

I really, really, really don't want to reinstall Windows. Especially not when I don't even know what's wrong. Some sort of installation log from the PowerDesk installation would do wonders right now. I'd at least see where it "Failed", and why.

Comment

Here's something noone's mentioned:

Maybe it's complaining about an inability to install an unsigned driver?

Under Win2000 at least, in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> Security Options check the value of "Unsigned Driver Installation Behavior". If you have such a tool in XP (alas, I'm not familiar with XP's diffs from 2k) check it. Make sure it's not set to "Do not allow installation", as then it'll quietly not let you install drivers that haven't been signed by MS's WHQL, which the Parhelia's have not, due to turnaround times for WHQL certifications.

Comment

It is set to "Warn but allow installation". And expectedly, it asks if I really want to install the unsigned driver when I install the Parhelia driver. After that, it starts copying it's files to c:\windows\system32\powerdesk8 and when it's finished it silently exits with "Failed". Aren't error messages great?

Comment

Damn, that woulda made a solution easy. Only other things I could think of are permission problems, or your registry reaching the max size from Contrl Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance Options -> Virtual Memory -> Change. I don't think that would be the issue however, as you'd have a bunch of other problems now.

Comment

Another think to look at is your MB Bios. Go in there and ENABLE the setting for 'reset configuration data'. Should be under PnP/PCI Configuration or similar. Your Geforce3 might have left entries in there.

That was a problem for me once when I went back from my Radeon to my G400.

Ali

Comment

Thank you all for your help. Installed WindowsXP on a separate partition and whaddaya' know, the Parhelia drivers installed fine there... So, I'll just do as 103er-Fan suggested and format my C: and do a complete reinstall. Sigh..

Comment

I think problem lies in nVidia drivers.

When my G400's BIOS crapped (I thought It died) I switched to GF2MX. Pdes uninstalled fine and detonators installed w/out a problem.

When I went back to G400 I uninstalled the detonators but couldn't install powerdesk.

A reformat did the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X