Matrox Quality Issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Quality Issues.

I received two new Parhelia cards on Friday. My experience to date has not been happy. My bios startup screens and the desktop is corrupted after loading any released set of drivers. I have tried these cards on four different systems with new installs of XP Pro only. The Parhelia card I received a couple of weeks ago works perfectly in these same systems. Has anyone else received bad cards?

have you tried disabling AGP 4x and AGP Fast Writes in the BIOS?
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

have you tried disabling AGP 4x and AGP Fast Writes in the BIOS?
      I have (3) Parhelia video cards. (1) card works perfectly in all four systems and the other (2) cards do not work properly. My conclusion is that I have defective cards. Yes, I tried all settings and variables just in case. All other PCI cards were removed and the only software loaded was XP Pro, Intel INF, XP updates including .Net SP1, and the Matrox drivers.

Comment

Sounds like bad luck and you've got two duff cards.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The worst part is that after three days of email requests to Matrox Technical Support I still have not received an answer regarding what I perceive the problem to be at this time.

Comment

Did you post the problem to thier forums?
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

No I did not post in the forums since this same issue had been discussed in two other threads. I emailed my issue list, system config, and software load along with a screenshot of the problem to the technical support address. I have sent two emails regarding the technical issue and one email about my dissatisfaction with the two cards.
              I have made a request to customer service to return the card I purchased through ShopMatrox. I have not received a reply to this request. I also called and after twenty minutes of being on hold I had to hang up to attend a meeting.
              The retailer I bought the other card from has already issued an RMA and will cross-ship a replacement card if Matrox agrees the card is defective based upon my information.
              At this point I am seriously considering returning my good card (I really like the card) and just receiving credit on my two defective cards.
              I have been a supporter of Matrox since my first Impression card but I am concerned about their response as I went through the same issues with some defective G400 Max cards.

Comment

Matrox tech support is through their forum. They will not return your e-mails unless they are sent to someone's attention. They stopped doing email and phone support quite some time ago in favor of their forums.

Post your problem in their forums, and if they can't figure out your problem, they will set you up with an RMA.
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I addressed the email to Haig and Louie. I will post in their forums. However, this seems to be a mute point when they will request an email with the same information I have already provided.

Comment

Posted-

Link

Comment

Working...
                    X