Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dualhead and TV-out all at once with the Parhelia?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualhead and TV-out all at once with the Parhelia?!

Hello!

I'm have been surfing around a bit but haven't been able to find any enlightment. Can anyone out there with a Parhelia tell me if it's possible to connect two monitors (with seperate resoultions) and a TV with DVD-Max at the same time?
    It takes away quite a bit of the fun and easiness of Matrox splendid TV-out to reboot and change cables

/Henrik Engman
    Henrik

Not possible.
    TVout only works with the TV as the secondary display. Can't be done with 2 monitors and a TV.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ah, oh, I was afraid of that. Well, it doesn't really change anything, I still have to buy it :-)
      Henrik

Comment

Haig said a DH + TV feature is on their wish list. IF and when it gets implemented is unknown.

I am not sure if independent resolutions is possible in that mode. Most likely it will be streched. I do know that it is NOT possible to have DH with hardware overlays on each, plus TV-out. The second display would be software overlay or no overlay.
        I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

DH and TV out are impossible todo on Parhelia simutaneously. Me thinks there must be something you've confuzzed over what Haig stated.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I've read a post from haig on the matrox forum saying that in their (mine) wishlist is to add an option in PD to change from DualHead to Monitor + TV DVDMax on the fly (without reboot).

bye
            <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

It is indeed on their whishlist and it is in fact possible with a few limitations:

* TVout only works with DVDmax
              * While DVDmax is active (e. g. you are playing a movie), the second monitor loses it's overlay - but it's still there.

That is what Haig told me. It is possible and it will probably be enabled some day. Haig recommended to stress Matrox sales about it.

Comment

That is exactly a feature I've been looking for - being able to work on two monitors while using DVDmax on a TV.

If it becomes possible I am not in doubt I'll get a Parhelia!
                Though I guess I'll get one eventually when (if?) I get tired of my G400s performance.

/Flyke

Comment

Working...
                X