Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia 256 release date?

Hi there,

Sorry if I missed the announcement, but in all the reviews I've read, and press releases, I haven't seen what the ETA is on the 256 MB version of the Parhelia.

Does anybody know, and better, where I should have looked?

Thanks!

TikiGod

There isn't any yet for the 256MB version.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I was right, I missed it the first time.

Pricing and availability
      At introduction, Matrox Parhelia graphics boards will be available with 128MB of DDR memory in both retail and bulk packaging. The retail packaged version of the Matrox Parhelia 128MB board will have an estimated street price of US $399 and both versions are expected to begin shipment by June 30th, 2002. Additionally, Matrox plans to bring a 64MB and a 256MB version of the Parhelia to market later this summer.

It's buried in their press releases.

Later this summer. Hmmpf. <pout>

Comment

...buried is right, though I saw it in the beginning, and have been revisiting the site regularly since for something new...

Wonder if "later in the summer" might drag on a while after all the fray over the Parhelia 128. From a marketing point of view, I can understand that they don't want to take the spotlight off the 128, and maybe, hopefully, all the fuss and feedback over the 128 will lead to a better 256.

But I've just upgraded my rig and my G450 can't get it's foot off the brakes. I've always had a Matrox card for the last 10 years and I definitely want a Parhelia, but I'd like to skip the 128 and go for the 256, but when?

Anybody got any hints?
        How can you possibly take anything seriously?
        Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by mutz
          ...always had a Matrox card for the last 10 years and I definitely want a Parhelia, but I'd like to skip the 128 and go for the 256...
          Me too but we have to wait for a while

regards
          Sakis

Comment

...right, but waiting ain't something I'm good at...
            How can you possibly take anything seriously?
            Who cares?

Comment

What benefit could i get to mount a 256mb vga card in my computer?

Comment

From all that's said so far, unless you're doing 3D modelling and its ilk, you won't see any difference with the 256MB version of the Parhelia from the 128MB version.

J1NG

Comment

Will I see a difference between 64 and 128 then?

And any news on release date?
                  P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                  Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                  And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

From the Matrox forums, someone has said that the 256MB model will be released sometime September. So far, we are led to believe that the 256MB and 64MB model are coming out at the same time. So I would assume to see the 64MB Parhelia around September.

J1NG

Comment

In fact i don't really need the extra 128 MBytes but the (unknown yet) higher clock

Comment

Working...
                      X