parhelia cpu performance difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

...on the board. My GA-8IHXP is the first "invisible" board I've ever had. It just does... whatever I throw at it.

According to THG, its the best and fastest on the market now. The closest is the ASUS P4T533. As for speed, the difference between the top 850E boards isn't significant, but the features and onboards are. I have LAN and RAID which I use and sound if the Audigy quits. I got a couple of slots back this way.

As for OCing, I use the Gigabyte specific EZTune4 that is bundled. It really OCs on the fly out of Windows. I haven't done any fancy OCing yet 'cause don't want or need to get into the cooling jig now. At this speed, OC would only be for the sport. I've read claims of this board with a P4 2.26 OCed to 3 G with ease.

As to your question about what this rig might do for a Parhelia, I can only tell you that my G450 got new wings. It's singing where it was cranking before.

I'm definitely getting a Parhelia. Just don't know if I can hold out for the 256. I've always ended up getting every Matrox card except for the G550, 'cause i gotta have everything NOW. One day maybe I'll grow up. ...maybe not...
      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
      Who cares?

Comment

thanks a lot for that guys its really cleared some things up for me, mutz what are the fsb options on the gigabyte as i have heard that it will only go up to 146 in the bios?does EZtune4 allow you to push the fsb beyond this?, i guess it must do as 2.26 - 3+gig would require a fsb over 175. does this windows utility allow for a stable overclock?.
        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

You can probaly FSB OC the 2400+ a good deal if you don't want to mess with the hardware. If you do make shure you get good RAM.

Comment

...3 Gs was a claim I read, don't know what he did to get there ...or if he was for real...

The utility tops out at 156 fsb which for my P4 2.4 is 2.8 gig. If I tick up the utility from 133 (2.4 G) to 144 (2.6 G) the CPU temp rises from 38 C to 45-48 C. The utility jacks the numbers around until it gets stable OC of the moment which not be what you set, but if you go full load on a high clock, you might get dumped. The utility also has a hardware monitor, so you get some idea of what happens.

Don't feel like inviting a glitch, lock up or a BSOD right now, so maybe I'll play around and let you know later.

I wrote about this in another thread a few days ago. Here's the link, check it out: http://www.giga-byte.com/home/eztune4/et4_index.htm
            How can you possibly take anything seriously?
            Who cares?

Comment

ok cheers for the info.
              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
              X