Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watercooled Parhelia - New pictures (now with ramsinks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Yes. Put a Y adapter inline feeding the CPU & GPU waterjackets inlets and then another Y adapter on the outlet.

2. One that will fit. Full tower cases normally do this easy. For example see sig below...
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I have a full tower case, and cut a hole in the top to fit the radiator. I have two fans on the radiator pusing air out the top, but they are conencted up to a rheostat, and I normally leave them turned off. With normal use no fans are needed. If Im 'backing up' a DVD to Divix then I turn the fans on a little. But thats the only time.

As for the pump, I dont have a fancy one, so I mounted it inside the resivour so the water that surrounds it muffles the noise a little. I can just hear it if I turn it on with nothing else on. About the same as my power supply (Enermax Whisper 350W).

Then I went and stuck 4 7200rpm hard drives in the case, and they are the noisest thing in there. Well, my chipset fan is a little noisy first thing on cold mornings, but apart form that.

Ali

Comment

You should have used Seagate HD's.....
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Agreed, Seagate's Barracuda IV series are so quiet its scary.

If you want quiet, the only choice is Seagate.

Cheers!

Mark

Comment

I have Maxtor DX740..uh..L, 80Gb drives, and they are very quiet too. You can hear them when the case is open, but not when closed. When was buying HDD's, i looked into the noise, and i found the seagates were quieter, but just a tad less performane wise...Hopinfg to get 2 more soon
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

the ibm 180 gxps are silent and very fast. i'd use some kind of raid with redundancy though. they are ibms after all

Comment

Originally posted by Geek
                Agreed, Seagate's Barracuda IV series are so quiet its scary.

If you want quiet, the only choice is Seagate.

Cheers!

Mark
                The Baracuda ATA V is so much quiter than the already insanely quiet Baracuda ATA IV its scary!!!
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg
                  the ibm 180 gxps are silent and very fast. i'd use some kind of raid with redundancy though. they are ibms after all
                  the 8MB models are (120 and 180GB only).

Comment

Working...
                  X