Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered...couple of questions

First of all...

1. What is the exact status of the overclocking capability? I have seen a few loose references to it, but nothing from Matrox. From the sound of it, it seemed like somebody from Matrox made a comment on when it might come out...What's the deal?

2. Triple head: Can somebody clarify this for me...If you have 3 displays...is there something different that must be done when going from the desktop to surround gaming? I have 2 LCD's right now, and will get something else in the future...So definitely 2 DVI's are needed.

Also, can I assume that the user can select which of the 3 displays will be designated as the primary display?

3. Sports games: Is there any hope that any of the EA Sports titles will be supported by surround gaming?

Thanks

Re: Just ordered...couple of questions

Originally posted by typedef enum
    First of all...
    I just recovered from fainting!

1. What is the exact status of the overclocking capability? I have seen a few loose references to it, but nothing from Matrox. From the sound of it, it seemed like somebody from Matrox made a comment on when it might come out...What's the deal?
    Currently unknown as Matrox ain't talking too much about it.
    What is currently known is by modding the BIOS you can change stuff. Risky

More info found here

3. Sports games: Is there any hope that any of the EA Sports titles will be supported by surround gaming?
    <sarcasm>
    I suprised EA support cards aside from GeForces given some of their titles.
    </sarcasm>

Email them and find out I guess.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
    Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
    DriverHeaven administrator
    PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

There is no OCer for P as of yet. (Will be included in a future MTSTU sometime in the near (hopefully) future.

P supports upto 2 DVI outputs or 3 analog outputs. One or the other but not a combination of both ie 2 DVI's and an analog monitor won't work. Tho you can run 1 DVI and 2 analog.

P only has two DVI connectors on board, connecting to analog is accomplished by using the supplied dongles to connect (upto) 3 analogs.

Surround gaming is accomplished by using stretched mode, meaning all monitors would be running the same res via PD-HF.

Titles known to support Surround Gaming... http://www.matrox.com/mga/media_cent...me_support.cfm

For more you would need to ask Omar aka R0M (here) aka Matrox Developer Relations.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X