Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Mystique PCI

My Mystique PCI died on me

The image started blurring, then distorting and then finally no picture at all.

Picked up a spanking new G450 to replace it though, couldn't be happier except perhaps with a Parhelia
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

My condolences

After all those years of showing clear images it was bound to happen.
      Are you giving it the viking funeral?
      Peter Aragon
      Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

KIA, it went down with honor.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I sure did go out the way it deserved, in action, can't ask for more.
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

What's the Viking Funeral?
            Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
              Viking Funeral
              Peter Aragon
              Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

And take pics so we can all have a special moment of silence for a fallen hero.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I have five Mystiques and two RRS's with ~3 years on 'em. If asked I'm sure all would serve honorably for many more years if need be.

All are damned good 2D cards, as were the two Millennium II's I have in storage, and highly deserving of a Viking funeral if/when they pass on.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

My Mill I was up for adoption at the local MicroCenter in '95. I fell in love with it immediately and quickly signed the paperwork in order to give it a good home.

It has given me seven years of faithful service, and currently resides in my firewall box. Damn fine card. Makes a computer nerd proud. <sniff>

A viking funeral is the only way to pay homage to it's final departure. May that day never come.
                    Waiting on tech support...

Comment

Holy Flaming Matrox

Originally posted by ravalox
                      My Mill I was up for adoption at the local MicroCenter in '95. I fell in love with it immediately and quickly signed the paperwork in order to give it a good home.

It has given me seven years of faithful service, and currently resides in my firewall box. Damn fine card. Makes a computer nerd proud. <sniff>

A viking funeral is the only way to pay homage to it's final departure. May that day never come.
                      I'd like to think of my home as a safe refuge for all Matrox orphans about to be lit on fire, and have yet to lose one from old age or power surge, that hasn't been resurrected by rebuilding the bios. If anybody is looking for a place to store the un-burnt carcass, send them this way. I will put them back on the crash cart and do my damndest to get the RAMDAC beating again. I just would hate to see any Matrox silicon going up in flames before every attempt at resurrection. Every Matrox card deserves respect (except maybe for the m3d).

Hell I'll even pay the ground freight.
                      Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

I've got an Ultima VLB 200/4+ on which the accelerator has died. It still works as a standard VGA, but native drivers hang the box or fail to detect it. Shame - I wanted to write an XFree86 4 driver for it and get two heads on my 486
                        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Heyheyhey, watch your tongue, DirtFarmer, I used to have an M3D, and it was ****ing nice, ah wait, I should still have it somewhere .
                          The only non Matrox card i have ever had, and still have is the Trident Cyberblade XP in my laptop.
                          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Originally posted by knirfie
                            Heyheyhey, watch your tongue, DirtFarmer, I used to have an M3D, and it was ****ing nice, ah wait, I should still have it somewhere .
                            The only non Matrox card i have ever had, and still have is the Trident Cyberblade XP in my laptop.
                            I had an m3D to go alongside my Mil1 for a while, but it really stunk in some D3D games. Somebody said it had something to do with the Mil1 and busmastering. I do believe it performed better with Mystique's and Mil2's tho. It was a good deal once it hit $35, but I don't think it's even worthy of a Powered by Matrox sticker, since the card isn't even...

If you can't find your's, you can find them being given away on eBay for pennies
                            Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

psss, i know it sucked, but you shouldn't go around dissing something with the 'powered by Matrox' logo on it.
                              Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Working...
                              X