Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAD parhelia image problems, reputation damaging!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and, again, this is not the thread to be posting about these issues in, i would suggest starting a new thread in the Matrox Hardware forum in order to get more help...
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

@anani: if you like to sell your Parhelia for $100, just tell me!
      main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

only issue i have with the card is the banding, other than that the 2d quality is better and the 3d is faster than my g400max, well worth the money, then paying the same or more for a card that does, super high framerates. I really hope there is a fix for the banding. I can kinda see how the banding could cause seizures in the right circumstances, i hope matrox says something on this soon.

Comment

Seizures? Come on, I can't see that at all. People that <I>do</I> have seizures to visual stimulus usually need something MUCH faster than the low frequency of the banding.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Well, I never ever got any seizures, but I do get a headache and my eyes are hurting when I watch my Parhelia doing the "banding ride" ...

and seriously, what kind of quality ranking is this supposed to be ???
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi
              Well, I never ever got any seizures, but I do get a headache and my eyes are hurting when I watch my Parhelia doing the "banding ride" ...

and seriously, what kind of quality ranking is this supposed to be ???
              Ditto
              "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
              Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
              DriverHeaven administrator
              PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Originally posted by crow8k3a
                I can kinda see how the banding could cause seizures in the right circumstances, i hope matrox says something on this soon.
                i believe the person who posted about seisures also said that they were using experimental displays that use a laser to draw directly onto the retina - not a normal case scenario. if the banding issue on a parhelia affects a person with seisures, i would bet they probably wouldn't be able to use a computer for long periods of time anyways...

that being said, it is hard on the eyes and definately gives me a headache if i use a computer for long while its occuring...
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

First of all you are the troll, respect yourself before playing George Bush! or else you will ge what you deserve

Yeah but no one addressed where George (W. I think he means) Bush fits in here, or that vague threat he made... And now that someone answered his rants where is he...??? guess he sobered up and forgot where he posted... probably rant'n on another vendors sight on how he didn't get a response.

edit typos and lies

Last edited by Captain Marvel; 28 October 2002, 21:54.
                  P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
                  MSI 645 Ultra
                  256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
                  Matrox Marvel G200
                  etc...
                  ect....

Comment

Stand by we have breaking news......

George W. Bush just I-mailed me and advised.........

"If you can not write english well you probably can't read it well either. These truths we hold to be self evident. over, out ,peace."
                    P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
                    MSI 645 Ultra
                    256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
                    Matrox Marvel G200
                    etc...
                    ect....

Comment

Are Radeon 9700 Pro owners having the same problems?

Rage3D Forums: Weird lines, please help (9700 pro)
                      Just bought a Radeon 9700 pro. I thought wow ! Great card !One thing that is bugging me is some wierd lines on the screen.

They are horizontal and travel up or down the screen, if I change refresh rate they sometimes dissapear, but they come back everynow and again. What's with this ? It looks like some sort of interference or something.
                      I'm running a Sapphire 9700Pro linked to a Samsung 171P LCD monitor, running 1280x1024 and I'm experiencing these waves that travel up the screen in all D3D applications - most noticable in 3D Mark Dragon test and bump mapping tests.
                      Sounds familiar to me. Changing the monitor cable seems to have helped some Radeon owners. Also RMA'ing helped some but not all, made in China vs. Canada seems to make a difference.

Comment

Nope. The Radeon9700 problem is a known (and acknowledged by ATI) one that occurs in certain system configurations with early Revision (1.0 mainly) cards.
                        The thing is, ATI is RMA'ing those cards if this occurs, so there's not much room to really complain.

Besides in many cases this issue was resolved after replacing the crappy NoName 300W power-supply with a decent one. The R9700 definitely needs a good PS, otherwise you'll likely get stability problems and sometimes even a flickering display.

Has anyone with the Parhelia banding issue tried a better PS?
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

its using a sparkle 350W power supply on my box. trust me, its not a power supply related issue... i thought that at first...

Comment

I've had 2 Parhelia's in my box and the first one did not exhibit this banding, although the second one (which I currently have) does. This is running off the same powersupply, so I doubt that power is the problem if one worked and the other doesn't.
                            "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                            --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Pity. Would've been an easy fix.
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Hi gang,

I have an update on the banding issue. The level of banding seems to be dependent on a combination of factors including the system configuration, power supply, graphics card, display refresh rate, frame rate of the 3D application, and the actual colors being displayed on the screen. That is why the issue was just noticed recently and only by a handful of people. While a fix has not been identified as yet, for those of you who have a situation where this problem is visible, we recommended you download the 1.02 driver and enable the "wait for V-blank" switch in PowerDesk. This will help reduce the effect of the problem for most windowed 3D applications.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X