Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAD parhelia image problems, reputation damaging!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your P260's DVI-A is a straight analog pass through connection. Will make no difference between that and a HD15 or BNC inputs.

Some cards exhibit the issue & some do not.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

• Yes I'm using BNC

Comment

• Sorry, didn't realise that it wasn't on all cards, I thought it was! Is it only the earlier cards?

John.

Comment

• It is a problem with the analog output of the card. i would bet that BNC would be affected, as it goes off of the same signal as the normal analog connectors.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

• But is the disturbance something that is inherently within the signal or some kind of noise that is "riding" with the signal ? The question I ask is because I wonder if it would be theoreticly possible to connect a kind of filter to one or more of the BNC plugs to clean the signal before it enters the monitor. Or am I simply talking BS here ??

Cobos
            My Specs
            AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

• Well, since this thread has pretty much died down and people are not talking about the issue as much, i can pretty much only assume that Matrox has succeeded in burying this...

if it could have been fixed in drivers or by a BIOS flash, it would have been done by now. there is no way any company would stall a fix for this kind of issue for so long.

at this point in time i don't really care if Matrox does choose to fix the issue, as they have just handled this so poorly its not even funny. the various interactions i have had with Customer Support versus Technical Support show just how poor communication and management is at the moment, and i am certainly not gonna hold my breath for a fix for this issue.

the thing that bothers me the most is that the clock speed issue. this could have been easily fixed with a BIOS flash, but instead they have chosen to ignore it.

Oh well. Goodbye Matrox, Hello NVidia (or possibly ATI, depending.)
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

• wow, u think problems are magically fixed at the snap of our fingers?

If you honestly think nvidia or ati is gonna give you better tech support you must be outside your mind.

Don't come back crying later when your card has more issues and ati or nvidia doens't want to even hear about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by crow8k3a
                  wow, u think problems are magically fixed at the snap of our fingers?

If you honestly think nvidia or ati is gonna give you better tech support you must be outside your mind.

Don't come back crying later when your card has more issues and ati or nvidia doens't want to even hear about it.

hehe you read my mind...

James D. Waxman
                  Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

• interesting to see miniMURCers giving advice to old timers ...

you two have no idea how long DGhost has been with Matrox, do you ?
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

• Eagerly awaiting Dghost's response.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

• he must've ment MURC

did you Maggi ?

Comment

• Where's rags when you need him?
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

• To be honest at the end of the day most of what everyone has said is right as ppl have invested a shed load of money into the Parhelia and even more if they went the 3 monitor route. Ok the banding is a nightmare and is unlikely to be fixed but to be honest I'm starting to live with it(I'm not saying I should have to), as I dont think I could part with a lot of the Parhelia's feature set. The main being the the surround gaming and the second being FAA 16X Ok it is a bit of a nightmare but if you have the time you can help the banding problem(changing refresh rates etc). I'am cautious when I say what I say mainly because this problem affects different ppl to different extents. I have tried the competion and I'll be honest that in my opinion they just dont do it as well as a Parhelia does, it's just that it looks so refreshing on the Parhelia and it tends to be more stable At this stage I have decided to stick it out as I dont play loads of games on my PC anymore, mainly for these reasons college, Girlfriend, CS and Xbox , and I like to make games. Though I'm sure this wont be the case for everyone. I will definately consider looking into the Geforce FX as it is an impresive card from the spec.

Comment

• maggie,

uhh, just because i have a new name, as i have had several on here. dont' think i haven't been buying matrox products for a long time or am a "mini murcer". Don't make assumptions, you will end up making a fool of yourself.

I have installed many ati and many nvidia cards, i can definately say , and yes my opinion is still valid, that they have horrible tech support for their hardware, not nearly approachable to matrox.

just cause he has a "higher" title under his name, doens't mean he is any more correct than me on a given topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggi
                                interesting to see miniMURCers giving advice to old timers ...

you two have no idea how long DGhost has been with Matrox, do you ?

I do not disagree with him, that the problems should have been corrected, and I don't have an engineering degree, so I can't really dispute anything technically related. But when it comes to customer relations, We have had much contact with the developer branches of Matrox and Nvidia, and Matrox is miles ahead when it comes to customer relations, compared to Nvidia.

And to me it seems that there is to much snivelling and complaining.... There are very few suggestions to solutions on the problems here, if there are indeed so many bright people here, why not try to come up with a solution.

James D. Waxman.
                                Last edited by James_D; 5 December 2002, 08:39.
                                Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Working...
                                X