Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAD parhelia image problems, reputation damaging!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ditto Maggster
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

• Ok, thanks for checking !

Does it occur on all refreshrates/resolutions ? Or are some less prone to the banding ? (as far as gaming is concerned, it might perhaps be possible to find a suitable resolution/refresh rate...)

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

• VJ not all cards are affected by the banding. My (dead) card hadn't the banding problem. Maybe you could ask if you could test the card in a shop (altough the chances are low).

By the way one of my monitors uses an BNC cable the two others a normal VGA cable.
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

• Originally posted by KeiFront
          VJ not all cards are affected by the banding. My (dead) card hadn't the banding problem. Maybe you could ask if you could test the card in a shop (altough the chances are low).
          Well, I have very good contacts with my dealer, so I could ask him if this is possible. He usually has few issues in returning cards (or other hardware) to where he bought them, but as he doesn't stock Matrox, I'm not sure... In the past, he has provided me with several cards to take home for testpurposes (mainly network/soundcards) , so I can ask...

Are there some similarities between the cards that exhibit the banding (e.g. same production line/plant, similar serial numbers, ...) ?

Jörg

PS: Keifront: How/Why did you kill a non-banding Parhelia
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

• Originally posted by VJ
            PS: Keifront: How/Why did you kill a non-banding Parhelia
            I confess , I felt a bit jealous, I wanted one with the banding problem so I killed it

Seriously I don't know why it broke down, just bad luck I guess .
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
            X