No announcement yet.

Oc'ing Parhelia with Bioshack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

225/610 is stable ... I was checked UT2003 benchmark ..

with Triple buffering and Trillinear

119.32 / 57.22

um.....
    Last edited by ohloveme; 13 October 2002, 01:41.
    Intel Pentium IV 2.4B@3.0GHz
    ALPHA 8942 Cooler
    Gigabyte 8PE667Pro (845PE)
    Kingmax PC-2700 512MB DDR + Thermaltake Heatsink
    IMB Deskstar 120GXP 80GB 7200 rpm
    Seagate Baracuda IV 40GB 7200 rpm
    Matrox Parhelia 128MB Retail 235/615
    Philips 107P NF
    Netgear FA301TX + Intel Pro 100/VE bridged connection
    Liteon 40X/12X/48X CDRW
    Seasonic 300W Silence
    Windows XP Professional Eng.

Comment

'titan silver grease' is nothing compared to real arctic silver... i still use ASII, spreads way better compared to ASIII.

Originally posted by mutz
      ...I did that with AS3, which goops all over everything and IS conductive, and changed it to Titan Silver Grease which is better to spread and 1C or 2C cooler. Still better is Coolmaster Premium Gold, if you can get a fresh one.

Comment

Since I mounted the CUV2AB with its grease, the P is so much cooler, so much more stable, I'll leave it alone 'til I get bored again...
        How can you possibly take anything seriously?
        Who cares?

Comment

'titan silver grease' is nothing compared to real arctic silver... i still use ASII, spreads way better compared to ASIII.
          ASII spreads fine but it's more conductive. Keep it away from memory, I had to RMA a GF3 because I got some between the memory pins by accident and couldn't get it cleaned properly to show normal display after.

Comment

i've had this once myself. i used circuitworks silver thermal paste, which is extremely conductive. i accidentally spilled some on a G400MAX memorychip, had to use a toothbrush and brush everything off to get it to work again. applying to the core shouldn't pose much problems after my previous OCing adventures.

Originally posted by Admiral

ASII spreads fine but it's more conductive. Keep it away from memory, I had to RMA a GF3 because I got some between the memory pins by accident and couldn't get it cleaned properly to show normal display after.

Comment

...something like that happened to me. Stuck the P back in, nothing. Took it out and poured 99.99% isopropyl alcohol over it, dried it out, stuck it back in, ran fine. Some guy in Germany wrote wash it with a good dish soap, dry it with a hair dryer and should work fine. I don't want AS any more.

Who cares?

Comment

Have never used AS3 on my memory chips...so no worries...

Works perfect for CPU's, however....
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

There's always Arctic Alumina for that stuff.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

mutz, testing heatsink grease isn't that simple. when you use AS3 for example, cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol won't remove all the grease. it fills up gaps, and the grease you use first will partly remain on you heatsink forever. Using a CPU for the test also isn't a good idea, since it doesn't always generate thesame heat, especially in the idle test. Because differences are very small to begin with, i don't think a test like that says anything at all.

Comment

You're supposed to clean Arctic Silver off with Dish Detergent...
                      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

what i meant to say was, no matter what you use there will still be some of it on/in the heatsink.

Comment

...the difference between the better ones is only one or two degrees, which is also debatable and splitting hairs anyway.

Unless you are installing a shiny new HSF, what's left after cleaning is probably silicon from the previous bubble gum, but again we're splitting hairs. You can always lap, but unless you are going for an extreme OC, what's the point?

No offence...
                          Who cares?

Comment

Isn't isopropyl supposed to kill the remaining silicon ?

Comment

I managed to up my unmodded Parhelia to 240/610 so far (stable). I will probably pe adding a better fan and some memory sinks, not really in the mood to replace the GPU heatsink.
                              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

What are all you people who did this a year ago thinking now? Success, or should one not try some of these attempts?
                                P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Working...
                                X