No announcement yet.

Next Version Of Parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i for one will feel cheated if a higher clocked 256 meg comes out so soon after i have forked out for a 128 if it is at the sme price especially if it has aniso and faa fixed, i dont want some beta silicon i spent serious money and want the card it was supposed to be!
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

• well nobody forced you to buy the original, did they?

Comment

• What is Anand talking about?

quote:

"nForce2 Part II took up quite a bit of my time, but it is finally live thanks to the help and cooperation of NVIDIA and their talented engineers. A lot of the questions, performance anomalies and more that were brought up in the first article have now been explained so I strongly suggest you take a look at the article entitled nForce2 Part II - Diving Deeper.

You've already seen some leaked benchmarks for it, but there's another graphics card coming out in the very near future that I'm working on now. "

Is the last sentence talking about a new gfx card we have seen benchmarks for? Or, is he talking about that nForce2 benches have been leaked but he did not care since ha had this new gfx card to play with?

What graphics card can he be talking about?
        a Rebel at heart

Comment

• oh boy it is getting fun again
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

• I missed this kind of thread! (I'm feeling happy that i haven't bought a parhelia yet)
            NocturnDragon

Comment

• Originally posted by VJ
              Yep, I second that !
              euhm, es-salessoup: would any future launches also be preceded by a nifty flash-intro on the website ?
              (hope you don't mind me asking; I know you can't comment on *if* there is something coming, *what* it might be, and *when*)

Jörg
              i like those flash intros myself, but you'll just have to wait and see what's next on the home page.
              OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

• What is Anand talking about?

My best guess as to what Anand is hinting at, re: "another graphics card", would be Tridents XP 4.

Taken from the Trident web site:

XP4 Desktop Product Family

The XP4 desktop product family is available in three versions:
                - XP4 T3 supporting 128MBytes of up to 700MHz DDR memory with 128-bit bus;
                - XP4 T2 supporting 64Mbytes of 500MHz DDR memory with 128-bit bus;
                - XP4 T1 supporting 64Mbytes of 500MHz DDR memory with 64-bit bus.

The XP4 T3 tops the performance chart with a 300MHz graphics engine and enables PC OEMs plus card makers to deliver advanced DX8.1/9.0 graphics card with 128MBytes memory for less than $99 (suggested retail price) to the end-users. The 128-bit Double-Data-Rate (DDR) memory system reaches a bandwidth of up to 11.2 Gbytes/sec and the 3D graphics engine achieves a peak performance of 1.2 billion pixels/sec.

The XP4 T3 offers a maximum power dissipation of less than four watts. This corresponds to only a fraction of competing alternatives, improving chip reliability in typical consumer-oriented operating environments where overheating could be the cause of system failure.

The XP4 T2 provides mainstream DX8.1/9.0 performance with a 250MHz graphics engine and reduces the end-user price of 64Mbytes graphics card to less than $79 (suggested retail price). XP4 T2 memory bandwidth peaks at 8.0 Gbytes/sec and 3D graphics performance hits 1 billion pixels/sec, rivaling other high-end, competitive products.

The XP4 T1 brings entry-level DX8.1/9.0 graphics card to a rock-bottom price of less than $69 (suggested retail price) also with a 250MHz graphics engine but in a 64-bit memory bus for lowest cost. The XP4 T1 memory bandwidth reaches 4.0 Gbytes/sec.

XP4 Core Technology Summary

The XP4 desktop family is based on UMC's 0.13um CMOS technology that uses only 30 million transistors, which is less than half the number of transistors of the nearest competitive equivalent, to deliver top-of-the-line DX8.1/9.0 features and performance.

Other key capabilities of the XP4 family include:
                - BrightPixelâ„¢ rendering engine with hardware vertex and pixel shaders
                - SmartTileâ„¢ memory architecture for optimal memory bandwidth utilization
                - CoolPowerâ„¢ for low power management
                - Multiview with CRT, DVI and TVout
                - Resolution up to QXGA (2048x1536) with 420MHz RAMDAC
                - DXVA hardware support with both IDCT and Motion Compensation
                - Advanced de-interlacing for highest-quality DVD movies
                - AGP-4X bus interface

Price and availability
                XP4 T1, T2 and T3 are sampling now. Pricing, in quantity, is $30.95, $34.95 and $39.95. Packaging for all three versions of the XP4 is in 612-pin BGA (31mmx31mm)

Regards,

Daven

Comment

• Re: What is Anand talking about?

Originally posted by Daven
                  My best guess as to what Anand is hinting at, re: "another graphics card", would be Tridents XP 4.

Regards,

Daven
                  My money is on the Radeon 9500
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

• Originally posted by dZeus
                    well nobody forced you to buy the original, did they?
                    no but it was bought under the assumption that the 256MB card would be simply the same thing with more ram, and would not offer any benefits over the 128MB model...

personally, i see a fixed core that doesn't have the hardware defects of the 128MB Parhelias a fairly significant benefit over it...
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

• pssst they didn't release a 256 mb version yet or even anounced it.
                      Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

• thats true....
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

• It'd be great if they released a 256MB P at $350 with said improvements, but what about the 128MB P? Obviously the price is going to drop, but then that screws the bunch of people who already bought it

Comment

• That kinda depends on how much it drops though.

If 256 and 128 use the same core, there shouldn't be any noticable difference in terms of performance...
                            P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                            Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

• sales-soup, which agency does Matrox corporate identity - IMO it's very good?

Comment

• Originally posted by ex-SalesSoup

i don't think you've actually seen our security people.

Hmmm, well the last time I saw them it was 2-3 years ago (not sure). Mainly I was greeted by the Matrox Imaging security guards though (used to work in assembly MMX/SSE optimizations for MIL), but I sometimes went to see my big bro over at Matrox Graphics.

If they haven't changed, these security guards are no big deal

Comment

Working...
                                X