VigilAnt Rant and Some Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElDonAntonio
    I think he meant it'll be fixed in the hypothetical Parhelia revision.
    Oooh I see now
    -Slougi

Comment

• Well, if they are really pulling out of the 3d market, they would be damn fools not to sell off the designs, tech, and brand name (probably the most valuable asset) to a 3rd party. Gotta retrieve some sort of value for the owners this way...
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

• Originally posted by GNEP
        Well, if they are really pulling out of the 3d market, they would be damn fools not to sell off the designs, tech, and brand name (probably the most valuable asset) to a 3rd party. Gotta retrieve some sort of value for the owners this way...
        NVidia or ATI in-house cards with a premium price?

chuck

PS or, maybe CA could buy them
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

• Hmm.
          Radeon 9700 Built By Matrox?
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichL
            Hmm.
            Radeon 9700 Built By Matrox?
            as long as matrox writes their own drivers...

Comment

• ... And finds a way to bung a 3rd RAMDAC externally or something - I have become rather fond of triplehead...

Comment

• I know that Matrox is working with Parhelia 2. and some sources indicate it *could* be much closer than it's generally thought to be, but i can't be sure because I have been unable to do "blind cross check" for this one, so take it as grain of salt.

In any case, I am going to buy Parhelia soon. VERY Soon
                "Dippadai"

Comment

• Arrggggghhhhhhhh! It's the curse of Nappe! (j/k)

Comment

• Well some have mentioned thats it's been fixed in the next revision. I missed out of the orginal post. If it isn't fixed and is normal behavour that Matrox no longer have good IQ.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

• No offence, but all this vapourware and people convinced they are telling the truth... it's starting to get a bit boring.

Why not simply admit we don't know shit about Matrox? I'm "starting" to believe some people are only making stories up or starting rumours to provoke some kind of "(un)official" answer from Haig or others from inside the organization.

What do we want? To be updated on hardware and drivers?
                      Should we keep on bashing, or is there some other constructive way to satisfy both sides? Maybe some constructive words from the inside perhaps? It has been a long time I remember someone from Matrox said interesting stuff over here...

Well, just my 2 cts
                      Peter Aragon
                      Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

• Because some of it's very true (and certain others are totally clueless napps
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Aragon
                          No offence, but all this vapourware and people convinced they are telling the truth... it's starting to get a bit boring.

Why not simply admit we don't know shit about Matrox? I'm "starting" to believe some people are only making stories up or starting rumours to provoke some kind of "(un)official" answer from Haig or others from inside the organization.

What do we want? To be updated on hardware and drivers?
                          Should we keep on bashing, or is there some other constructive way to satisfy both sides? Maybe some constructive words from the inside perhaps? It has been a long time I remember someone from Matrox said interesting stuff over here...

Well, just my 2 cts
                          You're basically right when you mean The Public as "We".

Most of the stuff you can read is public knowledge. Only you get to read it first here.

As far as vaporware is concerned, you get to read it here first as well - and you have ppl who _know_ lurking around MURC giving hints now and then...

What do you _need_ to know about Matrox anyway?

Comment

• Thanks for asking Kurt

I basically have two things on my mind:

- Getting an official answer on the banding issue that degrades the quality of this expensive card, that was bought with the faith I had in Matrox regarding image quality.

- Getting more in-between beta drivers as they come, as some of us really like to twitch and tweak around the system, and really state that the use of such drivers is for your own risk. I remember the days that drivers came out whenever one issue was solved, now you have to wait until a whole list has been fixed.

Sounds fair enough I hope?
                            Peter Aragon
                            Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

• Bugger it, must have been dreaming when I saw the post saying the banding had been fixed in the later revisions. Can't find it now anyway and I'm sure it was a post by someone whos been posting for a bit. Must have been the booze I was drinking.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

• Peter, they're not going to give an official answer. Matrox's official policy is that the people with problems are ignorable, and that the issue will go away entirely. The work on a fix for current Parhelias was halted.
                                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                                X