Parhelia problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia problems

I'm having some problems with my PArhelia. The reef-demo freezes after 30 seconds, and now I play the Multiplayer Test of Command & Conquer Generals, It also freezes after some seconds. I'm using the newes drivers for the Parhelia.

It's a Retail board, and it's not overcloacked, but I was thinking of trying to take the clockspeed down to OEM-Board speeds.....

Anybody here that knows how I can do that?

(I don't want to use a GeForce4 card to solve the problem........)

There is a patch for the reef demo on the Matrox website which should fix your problem

Comment

Originally posted by 3dfx
      There is a patch for the reef demo on the Matrox website which should fix your problem
      It dosen't fix the problem. The demo runs 20 seconds longer before it freezes........

Comment

Matrox also has a tweak util on their site for changing the clock speed. Make sure the rest of your drivers are up to date such as bios etc, you might want to post in the Matrox tech form
        Let us know if you have any luck, try it without FAA 16x and see if it works. Bus mastering I believe is another trial an error, so you could try turning that off, though again I'd ask on the Matrox tech Oh and I would recommend waiting for some more replies before taking any drastic action such as adjusting clock speed

Comment

Maybe your Parhelia is overheating. I've had a similar problem: http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/009289.html

Sirko.

Comment

Installed a GeForce Ti4200 form work......
            Everything worsk well (Haven't and won't pry the ReefDemo )

Will RMA my Prhelia board.....

Comment

How about just putting some thermal paste between heatsink and GPU???
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

How well ventilated is your case? What is your ambient room temp chipset and cpu temps (also what HS on your cpu)
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                  How about just putting some thermal paste between heatsink and GPU???
                  There is already some thermal paste in between, ain't it?
                  P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                  Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                  And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

I thought it used a pad by default...which you should remove and repace with some AS3...
                    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

it uses a phase change wax like thermal compound, iirc.

looks like the stuff that Intel uses on their HSF's.
                      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

that fixed my prob i had with my g400..darn thing would overheat..took of heatsink and put on artic silver..everyghing fixed.

Comment

Working...
                        X