beyond3d parhelia review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The AngeL
    It's a good review but the same Things that other sites found out, too.
    Not at all, no other site compared the drivers or gave complete charts of all quality levels at all resolutions.

Comment

Good review and nice comparison between driver versions. Supposedly newer drivers will be out soon(tm).

Bottom line is that Parhelia FPS is good enough for games at the resolution that I play them at.

Comment

RedRedWrote....:-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally posted by RedRed
        [B]Well, I thaught that in the light of previous FPS reviews, this one couldnt have been better.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How so? I'm keen for input...
        >>>>> I am sorry I I wasnt clear. As greebe said, the review didnt focus on just frames per second (i didnt mean 'first person shooters')..... I liked it!

quote:
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        It talks about what its good at - with caveats.

It has to. I'm reporting on what I see / find (and occasionally relating that to what I know and extrapolating it into different situations). Unfortunatly the caveats are not my doing but what I see/find with the card - I have to report all things.

>>>>>>>>Thats exactly what I like to see in a review. I know that the card isnt perfect, I no it IS good in areas. It was a breath of fresh air to read something a bit balanced.....

Keep it up, Mr Dave!

RedRed
        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

================================
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by RedRed
          [B]Well, I thaught that in the light of previous FPS reviews, this one couldnt have been better.

How so? I'm keen for input...
          ================================

I think Dave read "could" instead of "couldn't"

Comment

Has anyone noticed that in the Serios Sam pics with FAA 16x is activated that there is a white artifact on the black ring?? I get that in games sometimes when FAA 16x

Comment

Yes (in the SSSE tech demo right?). Matrox is aware of this and I think the upcoming SSSE patch/new drivers should fix it.
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Well that is nice to know as I have a similiar problem in Kinpin with certain weapons getting that type of artifact and it is comforting to know that matrox is aware of the problem

Comment

Working...
                X